Sign in with
Your question

Asrock 970 extreme3 bios?

Last response: in Motherboards
December 21, 2012 8:58:10 PM

So I just put together my new build, and I am trying to get into my bios to set the boot priority to boot from my dvd drive (so i can install windows 7). But when I do this, my mouse seems to move on its own, clicking on things I don't want it to click on and changing seettings I don't want it to change. Also, when I finally manage click on the "boot" button, it only gives me the option to boot from my hard drive, not my dvd drive. I figure this is because I didn't connect it right, but the catch is, when I try to get out of the boot priority menu my mouse just teleports back to the option that shows my hard drive, and essentially, I can't take my mouse off of it, until I reset the computer or press exit. Any advice? This is my first time doing this, so a lot of this could be normal. Even if it is, I would still appreciate some help :) 
a b V Motherboard
December 21, 2012 9:14:44 PM

UEFI might look like the reinvention of bios, but it still works with the plain old keyboard! The tab and cursor keys will get you to every option field.
!