Question on Siemens SX66 PDA?

I am thinking of getting this PDA Phone but I was curious if internet
explorer brings you to the real internet where you would have to scroll
around a lot to see a full page (this is what I want) or do you get the
"wireless web" with WAP versions of sites (I have this now & want something
better).

I don't mind scrolling around to see a full page, but I want to see the real
pages like I would if I surfed on my desktop.

Also anyone know if this model is on its way out & will be replaced by
another pocket pc? Should I wait a while?

Thanks,
Rich
5 answers Last reply
More about question siemens sx66

    On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 00:53:37 GMT, "pheenix11"
    <rcoloyan@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

    >I am thinking of getting this PDA Phone but I was curious if internet
    >explorer brings you to the real internet where you would have to scroll
    >around a lot to see a full page (this is what I want) or do you get the
    >"wireless web" with WAP versions of sites (I have this now & want something
    >better).

    You get to browse the real internet - no WAPization. This is true
    whether you connect via the WiFi connection or the GPRS connection.

    So far, the main problem I've run into is an incompatibility with
    Linksys (and possibly other) WiFi access points. I worked around the
    problem at home by switching to a different brand of AP, but we have a
    Linksys at work as well which means I'm screwed as far as WiFi access
    at work is concerned. :(

    I own the CDMA version of the phone. IE works relatively well, but I use
    Bitstream's Thunderhawk browser. It greatly improves the browsing
    experience.

    Stu

    "pheenix11" <rcoloyan@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
    >I am thinking of getting this PDA Phone but I was curious if internet
    >explorer brings you to the real internet where you would have to scroll
    >around a lot to see a full page (this is what I want) or do you get the
    >"wireless web" with WAP versions of sites (I have this now & want something
    >better).
    >
    > I don't mind scrolling around to see a full page, but I want to see the
    > real pages like I would if I surfed on my desktop.
    >
    > Also anyone know if this model is on its way out & will be replaced by
    > another pocket pc? Should I wait a while?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Rich

    Please, what was the nature of the WiFi problem?

    Thanks!

    On 20 Jun 2005 14:16:38 -0700, "singlemalt" <inchmurrun@gmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Please, what was the nature of the WiFi problem?

    http://forums.cingular.com/cng/board/message?board.id=siemens&message.id=10882

    That is annoying about the WiFi problems.

    Is Cingular going to stick with Siemens or is there any chance they might
    offer an HP Pocket PC instead?

    "Scott en Aztlán" <scottenaztlan@yahooNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    > On 20 Jun 2005 14:16:38 -0700, "singlemalt" <inchmurrun@gmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Please, what was the nature of the WiFi problem?
    >
    > http://forums.cingular.com/cng/board/message?board.id=siemens&message.id=10882

Cingular PDA Internet Service Providers