Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 dead already?

Last response: in Motherboards
December 21, 2012 10:45:18 PM

I have had my rig since August. Everything has been fine, no OC and a nice Thermaltake 750 PSU. I went to turn on my PC and I got nothing. Naturally I switched cords, reseated cables and all that when I assumed my PSU died so I bought a new Thermaltake 850 PSU. I got it all hooked up and still no boot. There are no lights on the mobo at all. You guys think its a dead board?

More about : gigabyte z77x up5 dead

December 22, 2012 1:26:45 AM

In addition I also tried the big red PW_SW inside the case just in case it was the case.
a b V Motherboard
December 24, 2012 12:49:34 AM

Just wonder this is the first time you boot up with this mb since August?
Or it is fine till now?
Related resources
December 25, 2012 12:19:59 PM

BerylLee said:
Just wonder this is the first time you boot up with this mb since August?
Or it is fine till now?

Nope, its been running perfect since August. No signs of trouble at all.
a b V Motherboard
December 26, 2012 12:16:39 AM

Check your CPU to see any spot showing damage.
Also turn your motherboard to see circuit condition if there is spot showing damage.

December 26, 2012 4:24:52 AM

Tomorrow I will be taking off the Water cooler so I will check it but honestly, I get no leds on the MB when the power is flipped on the back of the PSU. Even if they CPU was toast I would think those would be lit and just maybe not boot. IDK, I could be wrong. I never OC'd it or anything like that. Its just been running stock.
December 26, 2012 1:51:47 PM

jhferry said:
Tomorrow I will be taking off the Water cooler so I will check it but honestly, I get no leds on the MB when the power is flipped on the back of the PSU. Even if they CPU was toast I would think those would be lit and just maybe not boot. IDK, I could be wrong. I never OC'd it or anything like that. Its just been running stock.

I have the same motherboard it happens to me when I replace the M/B from GA-Z77M-D3H to GA-Z77X-UP5 TH and it stopped working and now it start again (after 1 mouth with no crash) i change the bios to another one (BIOS switcher) and now my PC is working
December 26, 2012 4:04:09 PM

Quote:
How did you update the bios when it would not power on?
!