Solved

P8Z77-V LK + i5 3570K = which g.skill memory ?

Hi
I just want to know what is the good g.skill memory for my build ?
I am looking for ripjaws F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL
http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=16950AC8067&vpn=F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL&manufacture=G.SKILL

Questions:
1-My motherboard is a dual channel architectural so is it better to go 2x8GB or 4x4GB ??
2-Should i go higher than 1600 mhz??

Is that the right memory for me ?


My pc will only be use for gaming nothing else

My setup

Motherboard: P8Z77-V LK
CPU: i5 3570K ivy
Video card: Gigabyte gtx 670 oc 2 gb
Power supply: xfx 750w


Thank you!!
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about p8z77 3570k skill memory
  1. 1. 2 x 8GB is better since less slots are used, but 4x4GB is fine too.
    2. You can go higher than DDR3-1600 if you plan to OC. If not, DDR3-1600 is perfect, so the memory you selected is fine.

    Here are some good 2 x 8GB kits you can use:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007611%20600006072&IsNodeId=1&Description=gskill%201600%2016gb&bop=And&Order=PRICED&PageSize=20

    If you want more performance, you can get lower timings like CL7. Your hardware combo can support up to DDR3-2133 just fine.

    Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT


    jay337 said:
    Hi
    I just want to know what is the good g.skill memory for my build ?
    I am looking for ripjaws F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL
    http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=16950AC8067&vpn=F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL&manufacture=G.SKILL

    Questions:
    1-My motherboard is a dual channel architectural so is it better to go 2x8GB or 4x4GB ??
    2-Should i go higher than 1600 mhz??

    Is that the right memory for me ?


    My pc will only be use for gaming nothing else

    My setup

    Motherboard: P8Z77-V LK
    CPU: i5 3570K ivy
    Video card: Gigabyte gtx 670 oc 2 gb
    Power supply: xfx 750w


    Thank you!!
  2. I start another thread n the memory forum sorry about that...
    Everyone told me to go 8 gb of ram.... Can you tell me what 2x4gb i need exactly for my pc built with g.skill ?
    Im gonna use my pc only for gaming , i have a macbbokpro for all other application..
  3. gskill support said:
    1. 2 x 8GB is better since less slots are used, but 4x4GB is fine too.
    2. You can go higher than DDR3-1600 if you plan to OC. If not, DDR3-1600 is perfect, so the memory you selected is fine.

    Here are some good 2 x 8GB kits you can use:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007611%20600006072&IsNodeId=1&Description=gskill%201600%2016gb&bop=And&Order=PRICED&PageSize=20

    If you want more performance, you can get lower timings like CL7. Your hardware combo can support up to DDR3-2133 just fine.

    Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT



    what do you think about those ones ?
    http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=15380BD5211
  4. That is a perfect kit. It is CL9 so it is decent performance for gaming. For the price, it is definitely worth it.

    Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT
  5. is the sniper ones better ? thanks
  6. No, RipJaws is good.

    Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT
  7. sniper is lowprofile.... i will go with those ones
    2x4gb 1866 mhz low profile for future oc and cooling
    F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR
  8. Furthest left and right ends of the Sniper series is actually taller than the maximum height of RipJaws.

    Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT


    jay337 said:
    sniper is lowprofile.... i will go with those ones
    2x4gb 1866 mhz low profile for future oc and cooling
    F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR
  9. so theres no benefit to go with sniper ?
  10. Best answer
    No, unless you like the Sniper heat spreader look over RipJaws.

    Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT
  11. Best answer selected by jay337.
  12. thank you so much
Ask a new question

Read More

G.SKILL Memory