So I'm just in the middle of building my 1st computer ever, and this 1394 cable has stumped me! I Googled it and it says its the Firewire. I have the Asus P8Z77-V Pro motherboard, and I cannot find the header for it on the board or in the manual.
1) Does my motherboard not have a Firewire header?
2) Do I need to plug this 1394 cable in somewhere, or can i just leave it unplugged?
- I have the Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced case
searching the internet and found the answer..
but for anyone who comes across this thread asking the same question:
- Firewire is an alternative to USB 2.0 for some devices
- if you do not need a firewire port, you don't need to plug it into the motherboard and some motherboards (like mine) don't even have it.
- if you need a Firewire port and don't have one on your motherboard, you can buy a $20 PCI card for it.