Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

GX 560 ti SOC SLI or GTX 580?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 19, 2011 10:35:02 AM

As said in the title, which solution should i choose.
my current setup is:
i7 2600k
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3
ASUS VE247H
G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB Super Overclock 950MHz
crucial m4 64gb
Samsung SH-222AB
Silverstone Raven RV03 with Window
Corsair TX-850 V2
Seagate Barracuda 1TB ST31000524AS

this computer is primarily used for gaming, web surfing, handbraking dvds, video editing with premier cs4


will there be any problems with SLI? e.g. microstutter, heat, power comsumption and bad compatibility with new games
btw, im not concerned by power consumtion so long as my PSU can handle it. this build is purely for performance
noise and heat are also not of concen, so long as my computer stays within reasonable temperatures and doesnt shake the walls of my house with noise

More about : 560 soc sli gtx 580

September 19, 2011 11:13:26 AM

HAI FRIEND,
NVIDEIA GX 560 ti SOC SLI IS LESS powerful than ATI GTX 580.so, i suggest to use the ATI GTX 580 graphics card.good luck............
Score
0

Best solution

September 19, 2011 11:18:28 AM

In my opinion, going SLI is especially good with your current configuration.

That case is exceptionally good for cooling graphics cards. I recently went crossfire with 6850s and microstutter has not been an issue for me.

What's more, SLI 560ti will destroy a 580. Multi-card configs aare improving in their support over time so I say go for it.

@the above poster: no, a GTX580 is not better than 560ti SLI and no, the GTX580 is not an ATI part XD
Share
Related resources
Anonymous
September 19, 2011 2:31:33 PM

In my opinion I would bought the gtx 580 because of the single card performance. Some games aren't programmed for sli/crossfire use. On these games your sli setup will only do the performance as a single gtx 560 ti. Also for upgrade later I recommend buying a larger psu and another gtx 580, I wouldn't have bought the 3rd gtx 560 ti card
Score
0
September 19, 2011 2:49:31 PM

Any game that doesn't support SLI will be less graphically demanding and run perfectly with the single 560ti. Considering that you already own a 560ti ditching it and paying $400-500 for less performance seems kind of silly.

SLI 560ti will last you a long long time.
Score
0
September 19, 2011 2:52:09 PM

master ujjal said:
HAI FRIEND,
NVIDEIA GX 560 ti SOC SLI IS LESS powerful than ATI GTX 580.so, i suggest to use the ATI GTX 580 graphics card.good luck............



wrong troll

gtx 560ti sli is faster than a single 580 in terms of raw power
Score
0
September 19, 2011 2:53:03 PM

lozz08 said:
Any game that doesn't support SLI will be less graphically demanding and run perfectly with the single 560ti. Considering that you already own a 560ti ditching it and paying $400-500 for less performance seems kind of silly.

SLI 560ti will last you a long long time.



+1, I too plan on it once I make the move to 990 or 1155 (gtx 560ti sli)
Score
0
a c 172 Î Nvidia
September 19, 2011 3:14:25 PM

Quote:
In my opinion I would bought the gtx 580 because of the single card performance. Some games aren't programmed for sli/crossfire use. On these games your sli setup will only do the performance as a single gtx 560 ti. Also for upgrade later I recommend buying a larger psu and another gtx 580, I wouldn't have bought the 3rd gtx 560 ti card


The majority of major titles released in the last seven years or so have been though and when was a third card mentioned?
Score
0
a c 91 Î Nvidia
September 19, 2011 3:27:39 PM

Your best option would be to pick up another 560Ti and do sli as the two cards would do better then the single 580 , maybe not destroy it but it would give you higher fps.

Another consideration is to get a GTX580 and use it as the primary card and then use the 560 as a dedicated physix card. As more new games come out the game developers will utilize the physix effects to add to the dynamics of the games. You would not sli a 560 and a580 as it reduce the performance of the 580.
Score
0
a c 172 Î Nvidia
September 19, 2011 3:36:17 PM

inzone said:
Your best option would be to pick up another 560Ti and do sli as the two cards would do better then the single 580 , maybe not destroy it but it would give you higher fps.

Another consideration is to get a GTX580 and use it as the primary card and then use the 560 as a dedicated physix card. As more new games come out the game developers will utilize the physix effects to add to the dynamics of the games. You would not sli a 560 and a580 as it reduce the performance of the 580.

You can't SLi a GTX560 and a GTX580 because they're different GPU's.
Score
0
September 19, 2011 3:38:52 PM

OP get another ti; nuff said
Score
0
September 19, 2011 4:00:37 PM

Temps will rise, but its highly unlikely that it will bother the cards, but noise will increase for sure.
SLI is stronger but requires more power to run.
No micro shuttering should be observed becouse you will hit good minimum frame rates.
Your PSU will do just fine. you need a decent brand 700W for that SLI setup (unless you have a ton of extra stuff.)

Make sure you get same model of the gtx 560 Ti, as it has to have the same clock and mostly the same specs to run well.

Also, you cannot triple sli 560 TI, only 570 or 580 (nvidia official page).
Score
0
a c 172 Î Nvidia
September 19, 2011 4:05:58 PM

cats_Paw said:
Temps will rise, but its highly unlikely that it will bother the cards, but noise will increase for sure.
SLI is stronger but requires more power to run.
No micro shuttering should be observed becouse you will hit good minimum frame rates.
Your PSU will do just fine. you need a decent brand 700W for that SLI setup (unless you have a ton of extra stuff.)

Make sure you get same model of the gtx 560 Ti, as it has to have the same clock and mostly the same specs to run well.

Also, you cannot triple sli 560 TI, only 570 or 580 (nvidia official page).

Actually a good quality 600w - 650w PSU will run a GTX560Ti SLi rig even if it has several case fans and multiple HDD's
Score
0
September 21, 2011 6:29:25 AM

thanks for all the replys, I think my next upgrade will be annoter GTX 560 ti and then a cheaper liquid cooling setup like the corsair H80.

thanks for the advice
Score
0
September 21, 2011 6:43:14 AM

also, i have used a thermaltake psu calculator and it says my usage would be 750w. would my power supply cope with that?
Score
0
September 21, 2011 6:54:07 AM

I've read up on your PSU and you will be fine.
Score
0
September 21, 2011 3:20:38 PM

yeah your psu will be absolutely fine for almost any configuration imaginable, 2 560tis will run fine on a good 650w unit
Score
0
September 29, 2011 12:13:42 AM

Best answer selected by p3nca.
Score
0
a c 172 Î Nvidia
September 29, 2011 4:44:49 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
0
!