Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Help Updating MoBo

Last response: in Motherboards
December 22, 2012 11:37:09 AM

Hello every one. I hope this is the right place to put this, if not i apologize.

I am trying to see if my BIOS is up-to-date on my MoBo. Unfortunately I don't have my MoBo information so I used a program called CPU-Z from PCworld.com I believe the site was called. It gave me what I thought to be all the information I'd need to look up the drivers for the MoBo but I can't find it.

MoBo Information from CPU-Z

Manufacturer: Gigabyte
Model: 2AC8 1.2
Chipset: ATI ID5A14 Rev. 02
Southbridge: AMD SB850 Rev. 40
LPCIO: ITE IT8772

BIOS-
Brand: AMI
Version: An2_705
Date: 04/17/2012

Hope that helps, I tried saving it in .txt format but it's over 63 pages long so I'm not gunna post it here.

Thanks in advance

More about : updating mobo

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
December 22, 2012 11:59:38 AM

1. do you have any problems with your bios? no? never touch a running system?
2. That's customized mobo for HP and you will get bios updates at hp.com
December 22, 2012 12:12:40 PM

noidea_77 said:

1. do you have any problems with your bios? no? never touch a running system?
2. That's customized mobo for HP and you will get bios updates at hp.com

1. Not sure if thats sarcasm or not, no offense taken, No I haven't had any problems with it so far and hope I don't anytime soon. The reason I asked is I've been told that it's always good to keep your drivers/BIOS and everything else up to date.

2. Oh, I've registered the rig with HP so I'll just wait till I see any updates from them.

Thanks
m
l
Related resources
December 22, 2012 12:12:42 PM

Best answer selected by Casual_Gamer21.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
December 23, 2012 8:40:38 AM

Well, maybe it wasn't the best wording. :)  Concerning the bios updates: I always review the change log (if there is one), before i update my bios. As long as you don't have problems and don't plan an upgrade on components, that may cause trouble, there is no need for an update.
m
l
!