Sign in with
Your question

Why does my RAM keep dropping?

Last response: in Memory
December 22, 2012 11:48:05 AM

Hello,

When i look at my task manager it tells me i have 1022 physical memory, but the cache and available memory is different every time i turn on my p.c. Most times when i turn it on i have around 250 available for a few minutes until it builds up to around 600, then without reason, and without anything being open it randomly drops. I know i shud have over half a gig available always but the numbers always change. Do i have a RAM problem? or is something else causing it... thanks

More about : ram dropping

a b } Memory
December 22, 2012 12:00:15 PM

It is normal -- what you see in the Task Manager is you memory RAM usage, which varies according to its use. Nothing to worry about!:) 
December 22, 2012 12:10:45 PM

I see what you are saying but my RAM drops even when im not doing anything, and sometimes it causes my pc to freeze... at least i think thats what is doing it. Any ideas what else could be causing my pc to freeze... it did it a second ago when i was posting...i had to reboot
Related resources
a b } Memory
December 22, 2012 12:26:28 PM

There must be some other problem. First thing to do is go to the event viewer and search for error messages. Second thing is to download a program like speedfan and monitor your cpu and gpu temps. Post the results here, if you are uncertain if they are ok.
a b } Memory
December 22, 2012 12:26:44 PM

there are tons of things running on the background, or maybe it is something you installed.
check the processes tab, sort by memory, see which one is eating them up
!