Antec Three Hundred | 4 front fans?MOD

leaver2000

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
I've owned my Antec 300 for over a year now and absolutely love it. It will probably be the only case i ever use so long as it’s in production. As things go, and time passes it’s time for an upgrade...

Prior to the upgrade I had my CPU fan blowing out the top of my case through the 140MM fan. Thinking in retrospect probably it wasn’t the best solution as it was drawing heat from my GPU. That’s since changed because my new RAM didn't quite fit with that heatsink configuration. It's now blowing out the back.

That’s the background information... Here’s where I would like to use the collective and creative thoughts of the Tom's community to brainstorm possible some options. If it’s even possible.

Basically in the bottom two 5.25 drive bays I want to mount 2 80MM fans side by side. The mesh bay covers have a piece of hard plastic behind them which I have removed. I'm trying to brain storm some mounting solutions in which the fans are still easily accessible, not wobbling (noise concerns), and maintain the sleek look of the case (IE not screwing them into the mesh)

I'm also going to be buying some fan filters to try and keep the case as dust free as possible. Which also needs to be somewhat accessible / removable?

The thought of this is having the 2 80MM fans blowing into the CPU fan, then straight out the back of the case.

Thanks for the input.

Antec Three Hundred

EVGA P55 Intel ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz

Corsair A70 CPU Cooler

Patriot G Series ‘Sector 5’ Edition 4GB DDR31600

SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6870 1GB

leaver2000

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
why bother, are your temps even high at all.?
my Antec 300 Illusion has 3x120mm and 1x140mm fan and a straight blowing low profile CPU cooler, my temps never go above 53C on load.
if you need more fan control then grab a fan controller.

I'm currently running stock clock speeds at 2.66GHz, I want to overclock my i5 to 3.2GHZ but first would like to achieve as much cooling. Also I enjoy modifying my PC. I guess you could consider me to be a recovering computeraholic, as I haven’t really done anything to it in the last year aside from the recent RAM upgrade and I now I have the thirst back in me.

Thanks for the reply! :D

leaver2000

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
bottom line is that 140mm on top on full load can handle most of what you throw at it.
turn it up and/or swap it out, add side fan and fan controller.
the rest is up to the CPU cooler.

My 140mm on top is blowing out, as warm air rises that that makes the most sense to me. I haven’t added a side fan yet which may be the best option. I just like the thought of the 2 more fans blowing in from the front I guess.

leaver2000

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
nice.
update the BIOS to the latest version and it comes with more BIOS control.
have you tried the auto overclocking function.?

Err it’s been a while since I've flashed a BIOS... I pull the battery out for like a min or so and smack it with a thumb drive? No I have not tried the auto overclocking function yet.