Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Graphics Card Radeon 6790 not getting detected

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 19, 2011 1:19:53 PM

Hi Friends,

I have bought a new card (Sapphire Radeon HD 6790) which is not getting detected on my motherboard.
My PC specs:

Motherboard: MSI 880 GM E-41
Onboard video: ATI HD 4250
Graphics card needed to install: Sapphire Radeon HD 6790
PSU: Cooler Master Extreme 600W

I tried to disable the onboard video card , so that the new card gets detected, but still no use.
There is no option for disabling onboard video card from BIOS, so I tried to disable from Windows, but when I insert the VGA cable to my CARD then it gives a blank screen. When I insert back the cable to Motherboard then the windows boots and when I try to install the drivers, then only the onboard graphics card gets detected and gets installed. In the device manager the new card is not shown.

Please help..
September 19, 2011 1:25:30 PM

have you tried going to the spacific site for your card and just downloaded the drivers needed, dont auto detect them do it manually? hope this helps
Score
September 19, 2011 1:29:36 PM

I have downloaded the drivers, but when I install the driver( VGA cable plugged to motherboard and not new Video card) then only the onboard video card gets installed and not the externa card. Both are ATI graphics card.
Score
Related resources
September 19, 2011 1:38:03 PM

remove all drivers, put the bios back to defalt settings, turn off the machine, plug monitor into the external graphics card, this should work as all external cards should overwrite onboard graphics, lemmi know how it goes. have some mo0re thaughts on this if it dosnt work, but its a matter of rulling things out first.
Score
September 20, 2011 4:12:43 AM

vollade said:
remove all drivers, put the bios back to defalt settings, turn off the machine, plug monitor into the external graphics card, this should work as all external cards should overwrite onboard graphics, lemmi know how it goes. have some mo0re thaughts on this if it dosnt work, but its a matter of rulling things out first.

I have tried doing that, but still it doesn't work. I have tried to disable the onboard video from device manager and also change in BIOS to PRIMARY VIDEO ADAPTER: PCI-E, but still it doesn't work. I have properly seated the card into the PCI-E slot, but still :( 
Score
September 27, 2011 4:24:54 AM

hi friends, I found the solution finally. I removed the CMOS and inserted again, thats it and my MB detected the graphics card.
Score
!