remote bluetooth volume control for laptop?

Last response: in Technologies
a b D Laptop
March 4, 2005 8:55:08 PM

Hello All -

I have a nokia 3650, which I link to my dell laptop via bluetooth. I also
plug my stereo into the headphone jack of my laptop, so that I can run
itunes, etc. What I am wondering is if there is a way that I can control
the volume on the laptop via bluetooth - eiteher somehow through the phone
(seems unlikely, but there could be a way) or via some other BT device.
(Yes, I know, other people have stereos that have their own remote controls,
but I'm quite fond of my 30-year-old amplifier).

any advice welcome.
Best,
-NS
March 5, 2005 2:16:04 AM

write some code that lets your phone control your pc via bluetooth. i did it
with my sony ericson. bluetooth just acts like a com port. if you never
learned how to program then your bad. however, i can be hired at an hourly
fee.

"Noah S" <noahsbackup@REMOVEhotmail.com> wrote in message

> Hello All -
>
> I have a nokia 3650, which I link to my dell laptop via bluetooth. I also
> plug my stereo into the headphone jack of my laptop, so that I can run
> itunes, etc. What I am wondering is if there is a way that I can control
> the volume on the laptop via bluetooth - eiteher somehow through the phone
> (seems unlikely, but there could be a way) or via some other BT device.
> (Yes, I know, other people have stereos that have their own remote
> controls, but I'm quite fond of my 30-year-old amplifier).
>
> any advice welcome.
> Best,
> -NS

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 6, 2005 3:16:17 PM

Noah S <noahsbackup@REMOVEhotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All -
>
> I have a nokia 3650, which I link to my dell laptop via bluetooth. I also
> plug my stereo into the headphone jack of my laptop, so that I can run
> itunes, etc. What I am wondering is if there is a way that I can control
> the volume on the laptop via bluetooth - eiteher somehow through the phone
> (seems unlikely, but there could be a way) or via some other BT device.
> (Yes, I know, other people have stereos that have their own remote controls,
> but I'm quite fond of my 30-year-old amplifier).

On my powerbook, I use a free app called romeo, which can control all
those things remotely. I would be surprised if there isn't a similar app
for the pc- have you checked the usual websites for this?

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net
a b D Laptop

"chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn"
<this_address_is_for_spam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Noah S <noahsbackup@REMOVEhotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello All -
>>
>> I have a nokia 3650, which I link to my dell laptop via bluetooth. I
>> also
>> plug my stereo into the headphone jack of my laptop, so that I can run
>> itunes, etc. What I am wondering is if there is a way that I can control
>> the volume on the laptop via bluetooth - eiteher somehow through the
>> phone
>> (seems unlikely, but there could be a way) or via some other BT device.
>> (Yes, I know, other people have stereos that have their own remote
>> controls,
>> but I'm quite fond of my 30-year-old amplifier).
>
> On my powerbook, I use a free app called romeo, which can control all
> those things remotely. I would be surprised if there isn't a similar app
> for the pc- have you checked the usual websites for this?
>
> --
> David Horne- www.davidhorne.net
> usenet (at) davidhorne (dot) co (dot) uk

no, i haven't. i don't do anything with my phone that isn't pretty basic,
and only use BT to transfer pictures or sync my calendar.
so, if you've any website advice, i'm all ears.
thanks,
-noah
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 6, 2005 11:53:49 PM

Noah S <noahsbackup@REMOVEhotmail.com> wrote:

[]
> no, i haven't. i don't do anything with my phone that isn't pretty basic,
> and only use BT to transfer pictures or sync my calendar.
> so, if you've any website advice, i'm all ears.
> thanks,
> -noah

I'm not a PC user, so couldn't try them myself, but I found this site
among others-

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=...

Media Control might do the trick.

If you search for bluetooth application "remote control" pc, you may get
better results.

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net