First time build questions

So I'm doing my first build, and I found this barebones kit on tigerdirect

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1387186&CatId=332

It's right in my price range, and I was wondering if it's a good deal. I know I'll need a case fan, but what else would I need? I already have an OS and all the other peripherals.
4 answers Last reply
More about first time build questions
  1. That kit has everything you need to get the system up and running. But you might want to think about picking the components yourself. The price for the kit is only good, in my opinion, because the price of HDDs is so high due to flooding (ie. a Samsung F4 2TB is going for $219, it was $80 about a month ago).

What will be the primary use of the machine?: (ie. productivity, gaming, etc)
  2. It's for general use and gaming by the way
  3. koleya said:
    It's for general use and gaming by the way

The combo you link was absolutely crap for gaming and it has low quality parts....fill the sticky form so we can help you ;)
  4. Approximate Purchase Date: By the end of this month

Budget Range: 450 / 350-400

System Usage from Most to Least Important: General Gaining (I don't need to run everything on High) Internet use, homework

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg, or tigerdirect.

Parts Preferences: by brand or type : AMD processor
    Overclocking: Yes / No / Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Yes / No / Maybe

Monitor Resolution: 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1440x900,

Additional Comments: I'm trying the keep the full purchase under $400, and the link I have above seemed to have everything I need. I don't need a hard drive that big, so that may be a place to cut down on what I'm spending
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Peripherals Barebones Systems