Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Weird computer problem

Last response: in Systems
November 16, 2011 1:50:52 PM

First I would like to thank you guys for taking the time to look at this thread, I really do appreciate it.

Ok the weird problem I am having is when I turn the computer on, it powers up but the screen stays off. Then after 3 seconds it shuts down. Then after 3 more seconds it starts back up, screen turns on, everything works fine. This happens everytime I turn my computer on. A couple of times it has gone through that cycle twice. One morning I woke up and found my computer wouldn't power on at all. I did some troubleshooting and RMA'd the power supply. I got a new one now and the computer still works but the previous problem still persists. Do you think that caused my power supply to go out? What do you guys think is the root of this problem? If you need to know any more information feel free to ask.

Thank You

Specs:
CPU: i5 2500k
CPU Cooler: Hyper 212
Mobo: Msi p67 c43
RAM: 8gb gskill 1333
GPU: GTX 560 Ti
Case: Antec 300

More about : weird computer problem

a b B Homebuilt system
a b ) Power supply
November 16, 2011 2:51:48 PM

Did you go into the BIOS and save the configuration? That might solve your problem.
m
l
November 16, 2011 2:53:40 PM

Save what configuration?
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
a b ) Power supply
November 16, 2011 2:55:15 PM

The CMOS configuration.
m
l
November 16, 2011 3:20:33 PM

I am not too tech savy, could you explain what you mean a little better?
m
l

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
a b ) Power supply
November 16, 2011 4:43:27 PM

Do you know how to get to the BIOS configuration screen? You probably need to press the Del or the F2 key repeatingly (to make sure that the BIOS detects it) at POST (the first screen that's displayed when you power up the PC). Once into the BIOS, press whatever key (usually F10) is required to save the configuration settings. All that info is in your manual.
November 16, 2011 5:06:41 PM

Yeah I got to the BIOS screen, I restored all the settings to default and it appeared to fix the problem. Thank you for your help!
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b ) Power supply
November 16, 2011 5:19:49 PM

You didn't even have to restore the default settings (though it won't hurt anything); saving the settings should have been enough.
m
l
November 16, 2011 6:32:12 PM

The settings were saved, I think my buddy was messing with the OC settings and that's what was messing it up.
m
l
November 25, 2011 10:56:13 PM

Best answer selected by Bugzilla3.
m
l
!