Re PC to PC using bluetooth

Last response: in Technologies
March 5, 2005 3:58:48 PM

Can anyone help with this one,

I have two pcs one upstairs and one downstairs, I have the same USB
Bluetooth dongles in each pc, if I send a small file all is well, however if
I send a 500 meg file its say insufficient recourses, and if I send
something that's over 1 gig it says not enough space.

HELP

More about : bluetooth

March 7, 2005 1:58:23 PM

I've the same configuration ... and the same problem with file transfer.
I've created a small network with a share folder and now I can exchange
files but the connexion es very slow ..(20 or 30k/s !!!!)
Please let me know if you find better solution.
Thanks.

"c_bcan" <ellisa2079@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de
> Can anyone help with this one,
>
> I have two pcs one upstairs and one downstairs, I have the same USB
> Bluetooth dongles in each pc, if I send a small file all is well, however
if
> I send a 500 meg file its say insufficient recourses, and if I send
> something that's over 1 gig it says not enough space.
>
> HELP

Anonymous
March 10, 2005 4:18:02 AM

Bluetooth was not designed for sending large files. It was designed for
short range, low power connections to portable devices. Its great for
synching a PDA or swapping contact details.

If you want a wireless connection that supports high speeds, go for
something like 802.11g
802.11g is 54Mbps compared to bluetooths 1Mbps, I think the newer
802.11i standard will be even faster.

!