WRVS4400N

hughjo

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2010
My dsl is provided by att. I have a 2wire router (1701 i think..) in bridge mode. It used to work with a belkin N1 router. Now I switched to a Cisco WRVS4400N router because I have a voip phone, video phone, 2 wireless laptops, 2 pcs (one wireless the other directly connected), Wii, Vudu, Smart phones. Connection to the internet was not dependable. We would lose calls, movies get interrupted, and so on. I was getting feedback that I needed a better router. But now I can't get it to connect to the internet. I need help here on how to get connected to the internet (do I have to reconfig the modem?) and my other question is, is it possible that the isp (att) or their modem is the problem, and not my routers?
Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

hughjo

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2010
Thanks for your reply. I got the WRVS4400N to work. Gave away the Belkin N1. And everything is way faster! I really didn't have to do much except have the password reset from my ISP, att. I recommend this for anyone who has alot of wireless traffic in the home and video phone users. My brother says my picture is much improved and it also starts up way faster.

h