Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Posting Images & Styling Posts

March 10, 2010 3:42:05 AM

Forum BBCode lets you add some style to what you write, making it easier to read. BBCodes use the [opentag]content[/closetag] format. Here's what you can do with BBCode:
[b]text[/b] - Makes text bold
[i]text[/i] - Makes text italicized
[u]text[/u] - Makes text underlined
[strike]text[/strike] - Makes text strikethrough
[urlExt=http://mysite.com]text[/urlExt] - Turns text into a link leading to mysite.com
[*]text - Puts a bullet point before the text (useful when you want to list numerous items)
[color=#AF261E]text[/color] - Changes the color of text to color #AF261E

Those result in:

text - Makes text bold
text - Makes text italicized
text - Makes text underlined
text - Makes text strikethrough
text - Turns text into a link leading to mysite.com
  • text - Puts a bullet point before the text (useful when you want to list numerous items)
    text - Changes the color of text to color #AF261E

Place text within [quote & if you want to mark it as a quotation:
    Quote:
    "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times; it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness; it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity; it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness; it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair; we had everything before us, we had nothing before us; we were all going directly to Heaven, we were all going the other way.

One more thing, if you want to post an image, use this:
    [img]location of image[/img]

So,
    [img]http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu276/r_manic/Windows7-Wallpaper.jpg[/img]

Will give you:

The forum resizes images if their actual sizes are very big, but try not to post images more than 800 pixels wide. You can use websites like Photobucket to upload images for free so that you can make them available on the forums.

You can also see how people use BBCodes by going to a topic, and clicking on the "BBCode" link on the top of any post.

If manually entering BBCodes sounds like too much trouble for you, remember that everything covered here is also accessible through the toolbar that appears on the Create New Topic page.
  • [/quote]
    !