Sign in with
Your question

6870 Case Size

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
September 19, 2011 8:56:34 PM

Hello,
im thinking of getting a sapphire 6870 for my inspiron 580 and was wondering if the case is big enough, ive measured it and it seems alright but there are cables in the way.
Thanks

More about : 6870 case size

a c 214 U Graphics card
September 19, 2011 10:02:00 PM

It will be a really really tight fit.And because it is such a tight fight I would monitor your temps to make sure it has good airflow.Just make sure that the wires are away from the fans.

What is the PSU your using?

What are your full system specs?(CPU,RAM,etc.)?
September 19, 2011 10:04:59 PM

I think that it'l be VERY tight indeed in there. Purple gave good advice, to monitor your temps. Try to get the card in the main flow of air, to make sure you don't get overheating issues.

And worse case scenario, you spend another 50 bucks on a bigger, nicer looking(imo) case.
Related resources
a c 214 U Graphics card
September 19, 2011 10:23:02 PM

^+1

I would just spend the extra money for a bigger case.It will look better and you will have a lot better airflow.
a c 143 U Graphics card
September 20, 2011 12:11:50 AM

for Purple and Rothaga

it's not a normal Desktop case built, it's a Dell OEM so if he changes the case he will be in a hard pain process of Modding and configuration of the case and which will be finally unsuccessful Due to the CPU Cooler, Front Panel, Outputs and the Unique Dell air flow system

for suppermassive

the card will fit in the case but you'll have to upgrade the PSU cuz it's 300W which is not sufficient for the whole system / and you'll have to leave the case cover opened as the GPu will reach 100 Degrees inside your case for the inappropriate air flow
September 20, 2011 1:24:55 AM

So you're saying with his current Mobo and CPU cooler arrangement, he can't find a case that is larger, and will provide better airflow for his system?

( Also, you said CPU instead of PSU ;)  )
a c 143 U Graphics card
September 20, 2011 1:38:30 AM

Rothaga said:
So you're saying with his current Mobo and CPU cooler arrangement, he can't find a case that is larger, and will provide better airflow for his system?

( Also, you said CPU instead of PSU ;)  )

no mate, it's impossible... i had a Dell machine and i know how their design works... simply he is going to do a hard modd process and it won't work perfectly....
the problem is not the larger case the problem is that Dell measures every inch in their PCBs and accordingly they design the case... it looks like this

and sorry for the PSU mistake :) 
September 20, 2011 1:46:54 AM

Oh jeez! I completely forgot about that! I too have had a Dell system, tried to get a new case and I was very disappointed.

Too bad for OP though. Sorry I mislead you :/ 
a c 214 U Graphics card
September 20, 2011 2:06:58 AM

Lol.It's a BTX motherboard.That's the only problem.

Just need to find a BTX case.Although they seem to be hard to find.Which makes sense because only Complete PC makers use them.
!