Does the GA 970A-DS3 Support the FX-8350

Ragnaroknight

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2012
It's revision 1.1 btw.

I'm pretty new to PC building so you know I take what I read and expected it to work.

It says AM3+, FX processor support, ect... but I've now been reading that it doesn't support the 8320 or 8350. Which is very aggravating since i've already purchased it.

But I've also read it can work if you flash the bios or have it updated...so I don't know.

Does it work with my processors out of the box, if not what do I have to do to get it to do so? Will it work at all even?

Ragnaroknight

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2012

According to the support list even with the new F6 bios it doesn't support the FX-83XX series.

Guess I'll just buy a new MOBO or a crappier processor...first timer mistakes I guess this is a learning expirience.

G

Pretty sure that's an old list. F6 isn't listed on it. For as much as I like Gigabyte (and I use them nearly every build I've ever done, which is a lot since I did it for a living before moving to corporate help desk) their documentation is kind of poor. Call or e-mail them. You might get away with it.

Ragnaroknight

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2012
Well what is that that the Fx-6300 and 4300 support was added since F6, so i'm assuming since the 83XX isn't on there it's still not available, but I have send them an e-mail.

LUCKILY, I only spend $70 on this MOBO on Amazon so i'm not too upset about this, but it's still going to delay me getting my computer running for a while.