RAM DOA? Or am I doing something wrong?

BreadWhistle

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
Okay, so I ordered 8GB of 1600mhz CL9 memory from Patriot. I installed it fine but when I installed windows I kept getting errors. I looked these up on my laptop and it said that it was a memory problem. I then took out one of the sticks, insta-error. Tried the other one, installed Windows 7 just fine. Now when I try to add the second 4GB stick, I get stuck in a bootloop. The system doesn't even stay on long enough to enter the bios. So is there something that I'm doing wrong? Do I need to do some BIOS update? Or is one of my sticks just faulty?

Thanks,

BW

Solution
Then ther might be a problem with the card itself?
Since the cards are from th same package there is no possibility of them not being compatible with each other. And everything else also seems to be in order.

BreadWhistle

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
Yeah, they both came in the same package. They are currently the only memory sticks U have installed (Well, I only have the 1 stick running right now) I'll try putting them in DIMMS A2 (2nd slot) and B2 (4th slot) instead of A1 (1st slot) and B1 (3rd slot)

BreadWhistle

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
Yep same thing is happening. Now instead of a boot loop, I just get error code 53 on Dr. Debug when the supposed dead memory stick is in the system by itself. I did manage to actually boot the system with both sticks seated in A1 and B1, but instantly my computer froze and I could not run a memtest or even click the start menu.

BreadWhistle

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
The stick isn't recognized at all in the UEFI bios.

BTW this is my system if it helps at all

Asrock Z77 Performance
8/4GB Patriot Viper 3 Red - 1600Mhz, CL9, 9-9-9-24, 1.5V
i5 3470 3.2Ghz
Powercolor 7870 Vortex II
Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Xttony

Distinguished
Then ther might be a problem with the card itself?
Since the cards are from th same package there is no possibility of them not being compatible with each other. And everything else also seems to be in order.

Solution