Currently on Sony's PlayStation.com forums is a 33-page-long thread
about dead pixels. Totals seem to range from 1-15. Yikes. Even one dead
pixel is unacceptable. And apparently Sony doesn't cover dead pixels
under its own warranty, and stores like EB and GameStop won't exchange
a PSP with dead pixels unless you bought one of their extended service
plans, "their" meaning EB, GameStop, whoever.

So, I beg the question: Any AGVPS2 readers with a PSP with dead pixels?

I was just at the local Gamestop to pick one of these up and the sales
guy there said dead pixels is a big probelm. He told me I was better
off waiting for a while to buy this.
On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 14:23:37 -0500, Chareth Cutestory
<bjd@com.net.org> wrote:

>Currently on Sony's PlayStation.com forums is a 33-page-long thread
>about dead pixels. Totals seem to range from 1-15. Yikes. Even one dead
>pixel is unacceptable. And apparently Sony doesn't cover dead pixels
>under its own warranty, and stores like EB and GameStop won't exchange
>a PSP with dead pixels unless you bought one of their extended service
>plans, "their" meaning EB, GameStop, whoever.
>
>So, I beg the question: Any AGVPS2 readers with a PSP with dead pixels?

No dead pixels here, or with anyone I spoke to who bought one. Considering
its resolution, though, I don't see why one dead pixel would be much of a
problem. I'm sure people have dust and spots on their televisions screens
that cover up more of the screen than that, relatively speaking. 14 is a
bit much, however...

"johnny99_nj" <johnny99_nj@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I was just at the local Gamestop to pick one of these up and the sales
> guy there said dead pixels is a big probelm. He told me I was better
> off waiting for a while to buy this.
> On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 14:23:37 -0500, Chareth Cutestory
> <bjd@com.net.org> wrote:
>
> >Currently on Sony's PlayStation.com forums is a 33-page-long thread
> >about dead pixels. Totals seem to range from 1-15. Yikes. Even one dead
> >pixel is unacceptable. And apparently Sony doesn't cover dead pixels
> >under its own warranty, and stores like EB and GameStop won't exchange
> >a PSP with dead pixels unless you bought one of their extended service
> >plans, "their" meaning EB, GameStop, whoever.
> >
> >So, I beg the question: Any AGVPS2 readers with a PSP with dead pixels?

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

"Chareth Cutestory" <bjd@com.net.org> wrote in message
> Currently on Sony's PlayStation.com forums is a 33-page-long thread
> about dead pixels. Totals seem to range from 1-15. Yikes. Even one dead
> pixel is unacceptable. And apparently Sony doesn't cover dead pixels
> under its own warranty, and stores like EB and GameStop won't exchange
> a PSP with dead pixels unless you bought one of their extended service
> plans, "their" meaning EB, GameStop, whoever.
>
> So, I beg the question: Any AGVPS2 readers with a PSP with dead pixels?

Lots of owners on the Gamefaqs forums have same problem. Highest amount for
one person's psp I have seen is 16 dead ones. I reckon anything more than 2
is unacceptable on a screen that size.

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

"Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message
> No dead pixels here, or with anyone I spoke to who bought one.
> Considering
> its resolution, though, I don't see why one dead pixel would be much of a
> problem. I'm sure people have dust and spots on their televisions screens
> that cover up more of the screen than that, relatively speaking. 14 is a
> bit much, however...

Theres alot of people on some of the boards that are taking their PSP back
to the store for exchange when they have only one dead pixel.
That is really pissing me off. Europe were denied a launch of the PSP so
North America could get a healthy stock of PSP's and now they are whining
for one dead pixel. They will have a stock shortage before long because of
this.

"Chareth Cutestory" <bjd@com.net.org> wrote in message
> Currently on Sony's PlayStation.com forums is a 33-page-long thread
> about dead pixels. Totals seem to range from 1-15. Yikes. Even one dead
> pixel is unacceptable. And apparently Sony doesn't cover dead pixels
> under its own warranty, and stores like EB and GameStop won't exchange
> a PSP with dead pixels unless you bought one of their extended service
> plans, "their" meaning EB, GameStop, whoever.

It begins.... o/~

Wonder how long it'll take before we start seeing complaints about drive
failures...I give it a week tops.

--
This post brought to you by Dammitol.
Dammitol: We can't get rid of the stress,

On 03/25/2005 2:11 PM, The Eternal Lost Lurker spake thusly:

> It begins.... o/~
>
> Wonder how long it'll take before we start seeing complaints about drive
> failures...I give it a week tops.

You mean... you mean a small percentage of complex consumer electronics have
..... have DEFECTS? NO! NO, GOD, NO! MY ENTIRE WORLD IS COLLAPSING AROUND ME!

Your oddly strident PSP hatred is amusing, but now you're just reaching.
Yeah, I bet we do hear about dead pixels and drive failures and backlight
burnouts and sticking buttons etc. over the coming weeks. Meanwhile, the 95%
of us who have flawlessly functioning PSPs will continue to enjoy them.
Don't let it keep you up at night.

-Z-

"Chareth Cutestory" <bjd@com.net.org> wrote in message
> Currently on Sony's PlayStation.com forums is a 33-page-long thread
> about dead pixels. Totals seem to range from 1-15. Yikes. Even one dead
> pixel is unacceptable. And apparently Sony doesn't cover dead pixels
> under its own warranty, and stores like EB and GameStop won't exchange
> a PSP with dead pixels unless you bought one of their extended service
> plans, "their" meaning EB, GameStop, whoever.
>
> So, I beg the question: Any AGVPS2 readers with a PSP with dead pixels?

I have one dead pixel but you can only notice it if you stare at it.
Otherwise if im playing a game its not noticable. I even bought the extended
warranty from BB but im still not going to take it back.
Im waiting to use for something serious. And it does seem kind of lame to
take it back for 1 or 2 dead pixels.

I read on a another forum board some guy was exchanging his because he got a
scratch on the screen when wiping with the included cloth.
Now that for sure is lame.

In article <w8%0e.3893$c76.1295@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com>,
shirikage@shirigakure.ne.butt says...

>"Chareth Cutestory" <bjd@com.net.org> wrote in message
>> Currently on Sony's PlayStation.com forums is a 33-page-long thread
>> about dead pixels. Totals seem to range from 1-15. Yikes. Even one dead
>> pixel is unacceptable. And apparently Sony doesn't cover dead pixels
>> under its own warranty, and stores like EB and GameStop won't exchange
>> a PSP with dead pixels unless you bought one of their extended service
>> plans, "their" meaning EB, GameStop, whoever.
>
>It begins.... o/~
>
>Wonder how long it'll take before we start seeing complaints about drive
>failures...I give it a week tops.

Only minimal complaints from Japan with drive failures.

ZERO Dead Pixels on my Unit

"Chareth Cutestory" <bjd@com.net.org> wrote in message
> Currently on Sony's PlayStation.com forums is a 33-page-long thread
> about dead pixels. Totals seem to range from 1-15. Yikes. Even one dead
> pixel is unacceptable. And apparently Sony doesn't cover dead pixels
> under its own warranty, and stores like EB and GameStop won't exchange
> a PSP with dead pixels unless you bought one of their extended service
> plans, "their" meaning EB, GameStop, whoever.
>
> So, I beg the question: Any AGVPS2 readers with a PSP with dead pixels?

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Not one dead or stuck pixel on mine, but I have two very tiny dimples in
the plastic screen. They're not noticeable at all during gameplay. I
have to say that the screen is bright and beautiful. I'm tempted to buy
a screen protector, but I have a feeling it will really degrade the
image quality.

"Eric" <eric@nospam.net> wrote in message
> Not one dead or stuck pixel on mine, but I have two very tiny dimples in
> the plastic screen. They're not noticeable at all during gameplay. I
> have to say that the screen is bright and beautiful. I'm tempted to buy a
> screen protector, but I have a feeling it will really degrade the image
> quality.

Hey, I have a couple of those tiny dimples to. I was wondering if anyone
else had those or just mine. During gameplay cant tell. I was contemplating
taking it back cuz of that , but wasnt sure because it doesnt affect
gameplay.

"lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message

> "Eric" <eric@nospam.net> wrote in message
> > Not one dead or stuck pixel on mine, but I have two very tiny dimples in
> > the plastic screen. They're not noticeable at all during gameplay. I
> > have to say that the screen is bright and beautiful. I'm tempted to buy
> > screen protector, but I have a feeling it will really degrade the image
> > quality.
>
> Hey, I have a couple of those tiny dimples to. I was wondering if anyone
> else had those or just mine. During gameplay cant tell. I was
contemplating
> taking it back cuz of that , but wasnt sure because it doesnt affect
> gameplay.

My JAP import PSP is fine, although my DS had one on the touch screen, not
really that noticable, but you should be able to exchange IMO

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

lonesw0rdsman wrote:

>"Eric" <eric@nospam.net> wrote in message
>

>>Not one dead or stuck pixel on mine, but I have two very tiny dimples in
>>the plastic screen. They're not noticeable at all during gameplay. I
>>have to say that the screen is bright and beautiful. I'm tempted to buy a
>>screen protector, but I have a feeling it will really degrade the image
>>quality.
>>

>Hey, I have a couple of those tiny dimples to. I was wondering if anyone
>else had those or just mine. During gameplay cant tell. I was contemplating
>taking it back cuz of that , but wasnt sure because it doesnt affect
>gameplay.

I decided to keep mine. I don't think it's worth the effort to go on a
quest for the perfect screen. If your unit works like it should
(buttons, drive, etc.) it's not worth the risk of trading a couple of
tiny dimples for something else. (I think the dimples are the result of
trapped air bubbles during manufacture.) Eventually, portables get
their share of dings anyway. I did put a screen protector on mine and
it didn't affect the image quality much at all. The screen protector
came with a Pelican accessory bundle that includes a semi-rigid case,
car charger, USB cable, power brick and a few other things.

> lonesw0rdsman wrote:
>
>>"Eric" <eric@nospam.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>Not one dead or stuck pixel on mine, but I have two very tiny dimples in
>>>the plastic screen. They're not noticeable at all during gameplay. I
>>>have to say that the screen is bright and beautiful. I'm tempted to buy
>>>a screen protector, but I have a feeling it will really degrade the image
>>>quality.
>>>

>>Hey, I have a couple of those tiny dimples to. I was wondering if anyone
>>else had those or just mine. During gameplay cant tell. I was
>>contemplating taking it back cuz of that , but wasnt sure because it
>>doesnt affect gameplay.
>>

> I decided to keep mine. I don't think it's worth the effort to go on a
> quest for the perfect screen. If your unit works like it should (buttons,
> drive, etc.) it's not worth the risk of trading a couple of tiny dimples
> for something else. (I think the dimples are the result of trapped air
> bubbles during manufacture.) Eventually, portables get their share of
> dings anyway. I did put a screen protector on mine and it didn't affect
> the image quality much at all. The screen protector came with a Pelican
> accessory bundle that includes a semi-rigid case, car charger, USB cable,
> power brick and a few other things.

Yeah, i was thinking of doing the same. What if I take it back and get
another one that has more dead pixel, dimples or buttons not working , etc.
Then ill have to return that. Im Pretty happy with this unit. Everything
works as it should.