Sign in with
Your question

How to repair laptop motherboard

Last response: in CPUs
February 17, 2012 7:26:28 AM

Hello,
i have a laptop, it will on but it will not display on the screen and check the ram it is ok, but when i lose the board from the system i try another processor it work, i decided to fixed it back with the processor i get it could not work but if i life the system board up from the carcass, it it will work and display on the screen and i fixed it back it will not work (please what is the problem)Sir help me
a c 79 à CPUs
a b D Laptop
a b V Motherboard
February 17, 2012 7:41:19 AM

something is shorting out if it works away from the case but not in it. or a lead is being pressured into a poor position.
a b à CPUs
February 17, 2012 8:18:04 AM

when you lift the board out of the chassis, have a look at the board mounts (were the board connects to the chassis) and see if there is any obstruction, like a left over screw or something.
Related resources
February 20, 2012 3:51:48 AM

Hi guyz,

just a suggestion, when you take apart just put the cables one by one and wait till which cable has a short or grounds until you will reach with the main cover..hope it works for you...thankssss
February 20, 2012 5:23:08 AM

1 cable 1 try..until problem will come....long but sure method in solving any problems..in computers
!