Help crashed hard drive/boot from USB? (I'm new)

skullsandsilver

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012
I have a Dell insporon 1012 Minnie atom my hard drive went out ): I don't have a factory disk
or a windows disk for it. I do have a Acer laptop with factory disks. and i have 2 USB scan disk flash drives 8GB and 32 GB. Can some one tell me how i can get my dell working again using the flash drive i don't care what operating systems just want to be able to watch side-reel without ordering or buying anything.

silverliquicity

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
On a working computer, download a linux distro ISO (there free), mount it onto your usb key and boot to it.

As for your HDD id recommend also downloading a win7 trial ISO (do not download a cracked copy), boot from that and run a "repair".

=P

skullsandsilver

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012

Thanks so much for the reply. I am so new to the computer world. I can tell you this I learn fast, can you walk me through this step by step. putting it on a flash drive. I think the HDD is not repairable by me. I ran the bios systems repair program I got this 0f00:1344. mdg Disk-block4614687.The first person that gets me up and running on my dell and able to play online poker / and watch Sidereel I will give 20% of my next poker tournament winnings. you can watch me play as well. I will paypal it 2 u or send it via money order/ gift card. I'm guaranteed something. Whats the worst that could happen? You get to help a guy out.