Cant get 3D to function

surfingky

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
Hello, I have a homebuilt system, specs below, and got a new monitor that is outstanding if I could get it to play 3D movies/games.
I have 2 xfx 6970s x-fired, 12gbs ram and can run eyefinity, 3 27" monitors, though only one monitor has 3d capabilities. I updated all drivers but still no go. I tried running one GPU, fail, i disabled the other monitors since they lack the capability, fail. Any suggestions?

catalyst version 11.8, the display is a samsung S27A950D running in 120 Hz.
Using cyberlink v11 on autodetect it tried to run 120hz option but stops due to lack of functionality, when manually selecting the different display options still doesnt work.

What connection are you using, and what drivers? I couldn't find out if that monitor will support HDMI 1.4a, but it has displayport capabilities, and should work with displayport using these preview drivers: http://blogs.amd.com/play/2011/08/05/the-amd-catalyst%E2%84%A2-11-7-driver-and-11-8-preview-driver-%E2%80%93-what%E2%80%99s-new/

Also, I do not believe you are able to run 3D with more than 1 monitor hooked up. You'll have to disable the two other monitors to run in 3D.

AMD setups will not work with DVI connections. Only Displayport and HDMI 1.4a, unless a converter from a displayport to a dual link DVI converter will work (I haven't seen any info on it yet).

surfingky

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
Im using the DVI-D connection, main one from GPU for 120 Hz, and drivers were listed CCC 11.8, Dx 11, samsung display drivers updated fully. Couldnt find anything about the HDMI 1.4a not working but I tried it with one GPU and both and one monitor and every combination in-between.

You cannot run HD3d on an AMD card from the DVI connection. You must use the displayport with the drivers I linked above. AMD cards offer 2 options for connection with HD3D, HDMI 1.4a or displayport (just added on latest preview drivers). I'd advise using the displayport, since you can also get 120hz @1080p from that type of connection, unlike the HDMI 1.4a.