AsRock p67 pro3 (b3) infinite boot attempt.

biliskner

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
Hello everyone!

I have my pc for under a month now. All this time it was doing fine with absolutely no problems. Yesterday i left my pc on with a countdown switch off (airytec switch-off)
so it would turn off itself overnight. So when i got to the PC in the morning it was still on with no image sent to the monitor. I turned it off and here it begins.
Everytime i switch the PC on it makes the standard 'powerup noise', lights all the onboard leds (pwr, reset, cmos), spins GPU fan(s), moves cpu's fan half an inch turns off and then proceeds to go into the infinite loop of doing so. Powerup takes 1 second, then 3 seconds of nothing and it begins again. I cleared CMOS (power off) and after a couple of tries it turned off for 20 seconds (unfortunately i disconnected the monitor at this point). I also disconnected my PCI-E x1 card, all USBs, cause i thought it could be a PSU issue - tried with no hdd, no GPU power etc.

Here are my specs:

AsRock p67 Pro3 (b3)
Intel i5-3470
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 660 OC
4GB CL9 1333MHZ (one stick)
Enermax 450W

hytecgowthaman

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Check power and reset wires has any damage.
remove power reset button cables.
power on by mobo powerswitch.
if no problem the complind is power and reset button wires damage.
if same problem contineued update bios and hdd firmware.

biliskner

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012

Well, that's what i did and failed to mention. Booting only from the oboard PWR button.
After every 3-15 (yes, it's random) boot attempts it starts for about 5 seconds - cpu fant starts working in this state, then there's a sound and puff... off.
I can't update anything cause it doesn't even let me go into UEFI. Nothing shows up on screen it's that short.

biliskner

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
Ok, so what i have found out is that my RAM is probably causing the problem (what's worth mentioning it's not on mobo's supported ram list but it was working fine for over 20 days). I took out the RAM stick so there's no RAM on the motherboard and the PC starts up without constant restarts. My question for this problem is: Should i get any image on the monitor without any RAM onboard - like for example Motherboard's Splash Screen or be able to load UEFI? Cause i don't get nothing and i wonder if it's just a RAM problem or maybe something happened and there are more 'injured' like the gpu.

bretmh

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
I would power cycle and remove all wires to check them, just for any noticeable damage.

sig.jpg

TRENDING THREADS