Intel Core i7 3770k
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4
Corsair 500R
Corsair H100I
Corsair Vengeance 16gb ram kit
Sandisk 256gb ssd
Nvidia GTX 670 Windforce OC

Also this isnt the first pc i built.

Now as i was done building, i tried to start it up, fans start running, also cpu-fan, lights go on, but no beep from the mobo.
So i did the standard stuff, trying with only one ram installed, tried differenct ram slots, checked cables, took out the ssd, CMOS reset.
Nothing worked, so i took my mobo out of the case again and "breadborded"(i think its called like this) it, just cpu and cpu fan connected. It started up, but again no beep.
So i started searching in serveral forums on serveral pages, tried their solutions which were for ex :
-attaching keyboard via ps2
-attaching mouse
-attaching monitor
Nothing worked, and those 2 numbers on the mobo, dr debug, told me continuesly the error codes a2/a6/b4/d7.
Then i read somewhere that i need a newer bios version, but on asrock's page it says that my cpu is supported by the default bios version.
So now im wondering waht to do. Sadly got no old 1155 socket intel cpu lyin around to upgrade the bios version.
Contacting asrock so they send me a new bios battery would take pretty long time, since they have vacs currently.
All help is appreciated :)
Thanks in advance

Welcome to Tom's Forum! :)

Q - What PSU?

I assume that you connected both the 24-pin (MAIN) and 8-pin (CPU) power to the MOBO and in particular 'CPU' power and not some other connector. Most GTX 670's are 2 x 6-pin PCIe power so that must be connected. For sometime most MOBO's and Cases no longer include a 'MOBO Speaker' so you won't hear beeps.

If Breadboarding then for now don't connect the GPU and only connect the onboard video to your monitor; make sure the monitor's input and MOBO's output are the same type. If needed then try to Clear CMOS and see if that helps - unplug the PSU for 5 minutes, move the CMOS Jumper (or press the Clr CMOS button) for 5+ seconds, move the CMOS Jumper to it's default position, plug the PSU back in and try again; nice video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdHH9KrceR0

G

My CPU is a 630W Bequiet, used it in another build before alrdy.

LagerLV

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
1.Use edit botton not again
2.I assume that thaats your RAM try other ram or use only one stick try each stick and try other slots!
3.And can you say how much Mhz do your ram has?

Zaid SAS

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013
UPDATE MOBO BIOS ,,, ITS HAPPEN TO ME AND AFTER UPDATING MOBO BIOS I GET BEEP AND WORK FINE

1-USE OTHER CPU (CORE I3) SUPPORT BIOS VERSION OF MOBO
2-DOWNLOWAD LAST BIOS OF YOR MOBO MODEL FROM ASROCK PAGE
3-WHEN YOU DONE ,, SHUTDOWN DISCONNECT POWER INSTILL NEW CPU AND ENJOY