Wifi dies after about an hour

DarthGremlin

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012
My wireless connection dies after about an hour of use in my Fujitsu Lifebook t730. I have encountered the same problem with the original win7x86 OS and a few linux distros, but am now using 64-bit windows 7. It also has happened on three different networks. The only way to get the wifi back up is to restart the computer. Turning off the wifi card via the front panel switch on the laptop for a period and switching it back on doesn't seem to do the trick.

I suspect that I need a new wireless card and that it is going out because of a heating issue with the card, although my laptop runs relatively cool. has anyone out there encountered a similar problem with a wireless card? recently it's been going out more and more frequently but if it were truly a hardware problem I would think that switching things off with the switch for a period would get things working again.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? I just would feel better about buying a new wifi card if someone else could confirm that my suspicions are probable. I've never had to replace on before, but are there any particular compatibility details I should be looking for? Is bluetooth on typically on the same card? Bluetooth continues to work after wifi has died.

DarthGremlin

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012

Maybe so. Either way I did end up replacing the wifi card and it has been working like a charm since.