BG2 Evil Sorceress Romance & Party

Hi all,

My 2nd time through BG2 and I am playing a lawful evil female
sorceress (human). My character is loosely based on Steel Brightblade
from Dragons of Summer Flame. To summarize, he is quested to protect
a good wizard, though ultimately his goals are for the greater evil.
He is much more honourable than evil, personally, but he serves the
Dark Queen unwaveringly.

To that end, I don't want a bunch of hooligans in my group. Law and
order are more important than good or evil, so long as good is not
taken to the extremes.

There is not much to pick from for evil NPC's in the game as it is,
let alone those who are lawful and honourable enough for my tastes.

I am a sorceress so I have the mage end covered; I don't need Edwin.
I think Viconia will make a fine cleric.

So I need warriors and thieves, and I want a romance option other than
Anomen, who is making me ill presently but at least he's currently a
lawful neutral warrior with some disdain for the weak and the poor who
are too lazy to pull themselves up.

The warrior choices:

As evil warriors go, Korgan is useless for my ends: my staunchly
lawful character would not tolerate him.

Mazzy and Keldorn are right out at the opposite end of the spectrum.

Minsc is a nut job and so good he also makes me ill, but I keep him
presently as he's the only real pointman I have right at the start, so
he is a useful tool for the time being.

Anomen is also warrior like and he does ok, but he eventually becomes
knighted or otherwise useless to a law & evil freak, so he's out in
the long run.

I like Jaheira because she is level headed and stable, and although
she is somewhat "good" for my tastes, she seems overall probably the
best choice.

Most of all the warriors in the game, I like Valygar. He best fits
the bill because of his temperment. Despite being good he's not
overly pious about it, and he is a great fighter. Also he goes nicely
with my stronghold quest.

Thieves:

I don't like Nalia because she is too good and bleeding heart, she
makes me ill, though I am presently using her.

I am trying out Jan Jansen presently but I don't really like him, he
seems too erratic and disrespectful of authority.

The Yoshimo / Imoen combination is a consideration as a thief. I
really like Yoshimo, but not Imoen because her thief skills are
middling and I don't need another mage.

Can anyone with mod experience make a suggestion?

Is there a decent thief mod out there for me? What about a Valygar
romance? That would be interesting ...

Any ideas welcomed, and thanks in advance ....

Syrenna
21 answers Last reply
More about evil sorceress romance party
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    How long are you willing to wait? At the moment, I know of no decent
    romances for evil female PCs. Or any romances for evil female NPCs.
    Tsujatha, an evil male NPC, will only romance good PCs *rolls eyes*. I don't
    count psycho Anomen as "decent". There is a Valygar romance in progress, but
    for the moment I'm afraid you're out of luck. There's also a Haer'Dalis
    romance in progress, though I'm not sure how that would fit your character
    concept. (I am also working on a romanceable TN assassin, but he and your PC
    would stumble over complete law and order at all times no matter what.)

    Party-wise, it sounds like Haer'Dalis would fit. He is not Lawful, and he's
    somewhat erratic, but he will certainly follow your PC into any battle with
    glee, without being psychotic. You might have to go without a tank and lean
    more heavily on magic, because I can't think of any "tank" characters who
    would suit your party. Valygar doesn't even really fit unless you hide your
    true nature from him. As for thieves, there was a small spate of thief mods
    semi-recently, but they all seem pretty much insane. You could try
    Shadowkeepering Imoen to a pure thief.

    -- Neriana

    "Sorceress Syrenna" <sorceress_syrenna@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > My 2nd time through BG2 and I am playing a lawful evil female
    > sorceress (human). My character is loosely based on Steel Brightblade
    > from Dragons of Summer Flame. To summarize, he is quested to protect
    > a good wizard, though ultimately his goals are for the greater evil.
    > He is much more honourable than evil, personally, but he serves the
    > Dark Queen unwaveringly.
    >
    > To that end, I don't want a bunch of hooligans in my group. Law and
    > order are more important than good or evil, so long as good is not
    > taken to the extremes.
    >
    > There is not much to pick from for evil NPC's in the game as it is,
    > let alone those who are lawful and honourable enough for my tastes.
    >
    > I am a sorceress so I have the mage end covered; I don't need Edwin.
    > I think Viconia will make a fine cleric.
    >
    > So I need warriors and thieves, and I want a romance option other than
    > Anomen, who is making me ill presently but at least he's currently a
    > lawful neutral warrior with some disdain for the weak and the poor who
    > are too lazy to pull themselves up.
    >
    > The warrior choices:
    >
    > As evil warriors go, Korgan is useless for my ends: my staunchly
    > lawful character would not tolerate him.
    >
    > Mazzy and Keldorn are right out at the opposite end of the spectrum.
    >
    > Minsc is a nut job and so good he also makes me ill, but I keep him
    > presently as he's the only real pointman I have right at the start, so
    > he is a useful tool for the time being.
    >
    > Anomen is also warrior like and he does ok, but he eventually becomes
    > knighted or otherwise useless to a law & evil freak, so he's out in
    > the long run.
    >
    > I like Jaheira because she is level headed and stable, and although
    > she is somewhat "good" for my tastes, she seems overall probably the
    > best choice.
    >
    > Most of all the warriors in the game, I like Valygar. He best fits
    > the bill because of his temperment. Despite being good he's not
    > overly pious about it, and he is a great fighter. Also he goes nicely
    > with my stronghold quest.
    >
    > Thieves:
    >
    > I don't like Nalia because she is too good and bleeding heart, she
    > makes me ill, though I am presently using her.
    >
    > I am trying out Jan Jansen presently but I don't really like him, he
    > seems too erratic and disrespectful of authority.
    >
    > The Yoshimo / Imoen combination is a consideration as a thief. I
    > really like Yoshimo, but not Imoen because her thief skills are
    > middling and I don't need another mage.
    >
    > Can anyone with mod experience make a suggestion?
    >
    > Is there a decent thief mod out there for me? What about a Valygar
    > romance? That would be interesting ...
    >
    > Any ideas welcomed, and thanks in advance ....
    >
    > Syrenna
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    "neriana" <neriana@excite.com> wrote in message
    > How long are you willing to wait? At the moment, I know of no decent
    > romances for evil female PCs. Or any romances for evil female NPCs.
    > Tsujatha, an evil male NPC, will only romance good PCs *rolls eyes*. I
    > don't count psycho Anomen as "decent". There is a Valygar romance in
    > progress, but for the moment I'm afraid you're out of luck.

    I believe Tortured Souls contains a Valigar romance.
    (http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=17773.0)

    You might also try Chloe, a TN kensay (http://chloe.fwstudios.net/)

    Kiara from the Zaiya-Kiara mod is also an option. She's a
    Neutral Evil Human Monk. (http://www.forgottenwars.net/?page=mods/kizi)

    If you like an undead paladin, try Neh'Taniel.
    (http://www.final-exodus.net/~therogue/)

    Wim
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    Wim Dekker wrote:
    > "neriana" <neriana@excite.com> wrote in message
    > > How long are you willing to wait? At the moment, I know of no
    decent
    > > romances for evil female PCs. Or any romances for evil female NPCs.

    > > Tsujatha, an evil male NPC, will only romance good PCs *rolls
    eyes*. I
    > > don't count psycho Anomen as "decent". There is a Valygar romance
    in
    > > progress, but for the moment I'm afraid you're out of luck.
    >
    > I believe Tortured Souls contains a Valigar romance.
    > (http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=17773.0)
    >
    > You might also try Chloe, a TN kensay (http://chloe.fwstudios.net/)
    >
    > Kiara from the Zaiya-Kiara mod is also an option. She's a
    > Neutral Evil Human Monk.
    (http://www.forgottenwars.net/?page=mods/kizi)

    > If you like an undead paladin, try Neh'Taniel.
    > (http://www.final-exodus.net/~therogue/)
    >
    > Wim

    Wow, thanks for both of your replies.

    I tried out Chloe for awhile, she is very fun and I thought perhaps I
    could dual her to thief around level 12 or something. It would also
    give me reason to get Imoen back as my thief, since Chloe likes her
    alot, and I could continue with Yoshimo who I like a lot.

    I tried out Valen of course. As an evil thief, she is awesome for
    rounding out my group. (Also in the fighter department!) But is too
    out of control for my roleplaying tastes. Truly I was tempted to keep
    her for her awesome fighting abilities and superior thief potential.

    I am currently trying out the Valygar romance. It is a beta and
    appears incomplete but it started at least. I haven't got far but have
    had no problems. I didn't spend too much time reading on how far it
    goes. But my character is very lawful and orderly, so I find that
    Valygar's temperment seems the most closely matched to mine of any
    warrior in the game.

    Speaking of warriors I must checkout that undead paladin, hehe. And a
    neutral evil monk would make a good warrior as well but an undead
    paladin sounds choice.

    And I must keep Jaheira in my evil group because she has had the best,
    nastiest dialogues with the evil Viconia.

    So little time...
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    sorceress_syrenna@yahoo.com wrote:

    : I tried out Chloe for awhile, she is very fun and I thought perhaps I
    : could dual her to thief around level 12 or something. It would also
    : give me reason to get Imoen back as my thief, since Chloe likes her
    : alot, and I could continue with Yoshimo who I like a lot.

    Chloe cannot be dualed. (Her people INVENTED BEING KENSAIS.)

    --
    Jason Compton jcompton@xnet.com
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    Iris Maessen <imaessen@sci.kun.nl> wrote:

    : <Googles for Sola README>

    : Ah, but he's chaotic. Funny, I had him in my mind as Lawful.

    You're only about 3.5 years late to the "Why is Weimerfein CG/CN?" discussion. :)

    --
    Jason Compton jcompton@xnet.com
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    I was always under the impression Sola should be NG based on everything
    said about him.

    :-)
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    sorceress_syrenna@yahoo.com wrote:

    > Yeah I just realized though her portrait is human she is a tiefling or
    > something right?

    No, she's a half-god, like the PC.

    > I must say I was crushed, absolutely *crushed* that I did not see
    > Anomen's head rolling across the floor of the Copper Coronet, as per
    > the marketing info from the website. Whatup with that? Should I avoid
    > Anomen and wait longer before meeting him the first time, so I can wet
    > my heels in his blood?

    No, you'll have to take him along for a while, and romance Chloe, if you
    want her to kill Anomen.

    > I was always under the impression Sola should be NG based on everything
    > said about him.

    Like what?
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    > I was always under the impression Sola should be NG based on
    everything
    > said about him.

    Well, the way he actually ACTS in-game as Bioware originally designed
    him is LN, but with tendencies towards Good - yes, he does in the end
    show dissent because of his distaste for Evil, but it's a *major*
    thing for him that he considers himself forced into such a position.
    The manner in which he shows dissent proves, as far as I'm concerned,
    that deep down he is Lawful, or wants to be. (And not *too*
    specifically Good except that he's anti-Evil - he knows that what he
    is, deep down, is a soldier who takes orders, but balks at being given
    one bad order too many.)

    To make him Chaotic, as Wes Weimer did in his mod, is to completely
    misunderstand the *nature* of his eventual (verbal) rebellion against
    Phaere's instructions.

    Jonathan.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    Kish wrote:
    > sorceress_syrenna@yahoo.com wrote:
    >
    > > Yeah I just realized though her portrait is human she is a tiefling
    or
    > > something right?
    >
    > No, she's a half-god, like the PC.

    Ah, I have never been one to read the manual I just install and run
    with it, heh. Who has time for all that boring reading stuff huh? I
    was more focused on the beautiful portrait than all those petty details
    right beneath it :-)

    I *did* notice the DEX of 25, so I guess ya in AD&D it goes without
    saying that is a "godly" stat for sure! It's why I thought she would
    make such a luscious convert to thiefdom ;-)

    > > I must say I was crushed, absolutely *crushed* that I did not see
    > > Anomen's head rolling across the floor of the Copper Coronet, as
    per
    > > the marketing info from the website. Whatup with that? Should I
    avoid
    > > Anomen and wait longer before meeting him the first time, so I can
    wet
    > > my heels in his blood?
    >
    > No, you'll have to take him along for a while, and romance Chloe, if
    you
    > want her to kill Anomen.
    >
    > > I was always under the impression Sola should be NG based on
    everything
    > > said about him.
    >
    > Like what?

    Well it was just my impression from everything I know about Sola from
    his dialogs and stuff from my first time through BG2, becuase I was a
    LN warrior but I tended to end up on the good side all the time, so I
    figured Sola for a NG type. Certainly not chaotic! He seemed like a
    pretty introspective, reflective type of guy, in fact perhaps more
    lawful in some respects because of that. But he was rebellious of
    authority in one respect, as a matter of conscience. But I'd figure
    him as the type of guy to go along with authority - even bad authority
    - to an extent, so he wouldn't be truly CG in my books.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    I agree completely! Ref my earlier reply to Kish.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    OMG! I just wanted to add to my earlier reply in case Mr Weimer reads
    the group his mods RULE, they are totally awesome!!! OMG I did not
    mean to offend anyone just cause I think Sola was NG.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    > Ah, I have never been one to read the manual I just install and run
    > with it, heh. Who has time for all that boring reading stuff huh? I
    > was more focused on the beautiful portrait than all those petty details
    > right beneath it :-)
    >
    > I *did* notice the DEX of 25, so I guess ya in AD&D it goes without
    > saying that is a "godly" stat for sure! It's why I thought she would
    > make such a luscious convert to thiefdom ;-)

    Or a horrible waste when compared to its usefulness for a Kensai.

    Ceo-
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    > OMG! I just wanted to add to my earlier reply in case Mr Weimer reads
    > the group his mods RULE, they are totally awesome!!! OMG I did not
    > mean to offend anyone just cause I think Sola was NG.

    Weimer rules. Solaufein, being the first, and an interesting character,
    rules in a way. The character Weimer thought of being put on top of the
    in-game Solaufein... well, there are differing opinions on that ;-)
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, Jason Compton wrote:

    > Iris Maessen <imaessen@sci.kun.nl> wrote:
    >
    > : <Googles for Sola README>
    >
    > : Ah, but he's chaotic. Funny, I had him in my mind as Lawful.
    >
    > You're only about 3.5 years late to the "Why is Weimerfein CG/CN?" discussion. :)

    Since I think I only came to this group 3 years ago, no
    surprise :-)

    Iris
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    <sorceress_syrenna@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > OMG! I just wanted to add to my earlier reply in case Mr Weimer reads
    > the group his mods RULE, they are totally awesome!!! OMG I did not
    > mean to offend anyone just cause I think Sola was NG.

    Wes is so user-friendly!

    OMG Weimer rules! I like how you're allowed to pick 'n'
    choose Tactics components. I like how he keeps old versions
    on his website. I really like that.

    This is late, but praise for Weimer should never be considered
    past-due because Weimer Rules!!!
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    On 28 Jan 2005 21:26:58 -0800, "Sorceress Syrenna"
    <sorceress_syrenna@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Hmmm, this sounds interesting.
    >
    >I hadn't really considered Edwin because I figure as a sorceress I have
    >enough magic in my party, but it might be helpful to have a 2nd wizard
    >in the group for tactical reasons. I may give Edwin a try.
    >
    >I learned Valygar and Viconia don't get along, but I was planning to
    >test the Valygar romance for the heck of it, just to see if I could
    >pull it off on the evil path, siding with Bodhi, if I keep my
    >reputation high enough.
    >
    >So far I have tried out Chloe, Valygar and Anomen and it has been kind
    >of fun. I don't know if these mod romances interact with other mod
    >romances, or just with the standard ones. I heard Valygar will fight
    >Anomen at some point, and Chloe will lop his head off. Am still
    >waiting for something significant to happen other than alot of banter
    >from Chloe and Valygar but I don't have much time to play cept
    >weekends.
    >
    >Thanks for the tip.
    >
    >Maybe I will add Edwin to this mix ...

    I believe Edwin will "only" interact with Anomen (much in the manner
    that the ladies all squabble, or, Kelsey and Sola can do, or Kelsey
    and Anomen definately do, if you're romancing each.

    The main reason being that the mod author for Edwin doesn't know who
    else you might have in the party to romance. IIRC, Edwin comes from
    the same site as the "Inter-mod Banter Pack" (or some such name),
    which is an attempt to allow mod characters to banter with each other,
    instead of just the default NPCs. If that's correct, and _if_ you're
    romancing another romance prospect from that same site, then _maybe_
    they'll conflict. Or maybe not. This is purely supposition on my part
    ;).

    I don't believe Chloe actually attacks Anomen. I think it was
    hyperbole on the part of the mod author when she said something about
    that in the mod desc. At least, that's what _I've_ heard. However, I
    haven't played Chloe, so, I'm not signing any affidavits to that
    effect.

    About the only way I'd say that Edwin "disappoints" is that the many
    of the dialogue screens are _huge_, and require significant scrolling
    to read/respond. Then again, if you find it funny (as I did), it won't
    really 'matter'. But, it's at least distracting and will probably
    break your game immersion, so, it bears mentioning.

    Gwen
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    Gwen Morse <goldmooneachna@yahoo.com> wrote:

    : The main reason being that the mod author for Edwin doesn't know who
    : else you might have in the party to romance. IIRC, Edwin comes from
    : the same site as the "Inter-mod Banter Pack" (or some such name),
    : which is an attempt to allow mod characters to banter with each other,
    : instead of just the default NPCs.

    The Crossmod Banter Pack is published at G3, whereas the Edwin Romance is published at Studios. Not that it
    especially matters since they're trying to get a bunch of different mods in it, regardless of where they're
    published, but I thought I'd clear that up.

    : If that's correct, and _if_ you're
    : romancing another romance prospect from that same site, then _maybe_
    : they'll conflict. Or maybe not. This is purely supposition on my part
    : ;).

    I can pretty much assure you right now that there will never be any Kelsey/Edwin Laufesseiron romance
    conflict.

    --
    Jason Compton jcompton@xnet.com
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    Jason Compton wrote:
    <Snip>

    I give.

    > Laufesseiron ?????

    Magical Jellybean Dictionary had no idea.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    Me <Me@privacy.net> wrote:
    : I give.

    :> Laufesseiron ?????

    : Magical Jellybean Dictionary had no idea.

    Hybrid nickname for Edwin Odesseiron as portrayed in the Edwin Romance mod as written by Laufey.

    See also: Domigar, Weimerfein.

    --
    Jason Compton jcompton@xnet.com
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    Btw does anyone know of an alternate place to download the Edwin
    romance? I tried the link at Forgotten Wars but the download site
    doesn't work over the past few days.

    Thanks!
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    Agh! Ignore me it was a stupid popup blocker. Or was it stupid me? No
    matter, I just had the volume turned off and didn't hear it
    complaining!

    Got the files, heh.

Video Games