Windows XP language

August 14, 2004 7:41:58 AM

Hello,

I have an english version of Windows XP Pro and I would
like to change the MUI to have windows in french.

I have tried to find the french MUI pack but I can't find
it.

Do someone know how to do ?

Many thanks in advance.

Sebastien

More about : windows language

Anonymous
August 14, 2004 12:57:52 PM

Windows XP is written in specific language versions, therefore one
cannot change it from one language version to another. You'll need
to purchase a "Full Version" of Windows XP in the language version
you desire, reformat your drive and install it "clean".

Or if you have an available empty drive or partition, you can install
another "Full Version" of Windows XP in a different language version
and create a dual-boot configuration.

Cannot Upgrade or Install a Different Language Version of Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282089

Welcome to WorldLanguage.com!
http://www.worldlanguage.com/

A good third-party partitioning program is Partition Magic 8.
http://www.powerquest.com/partitionmagic/

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Sebastien" wrote:

| Hello,
|
| I have an english version of Windows XP Pro and I would
| like to change the MUI to have windows in french.
|
| I have tried to find the french MUI pack but I can't find
| it.
|
| Do someone know how to do ?
|
| Many thanks in advance.
|
| Sebastien
Anonymous
August 14, 2004 4:55:04 PM

Sebastien;
You can't change the language of Windows.
If you want Windows XP in French, you need to buy Windows XP in
French.

The MUI you refer is only available to Volume License customers:
http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/DrIntl/faqs/MUIFaq.m...
General Question #6

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Sebastien" <seboush@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have an english version of Windows XP Pro and I would
> like to change the MUI to have windows in french.
>
> I have tried to find the french MUI pack but I can't find
> it.
>
> Do someone know how to do ?
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Sebastien
January 13, 2010 12:59:59 AM

Excuse me guys!! But you're totally wrong!!! You can change the language of your WinXP without re-installing!!!

You need to get the extra CD called Multilingual User Interface which has multiple languages to convert your system.

I bought a laptop with WinXP in English. I'm latin-american so I installed the MUI WinXP and then the wizard tells you which language you prefer (a sort of cab's) Then you can change the language in Regional Configuration (Advanced Options)

I made it from English to Spanish and then to French. The only thing you need to do is Reboot!! That's all!!!

You don't need to buy another WinXP CD license in the language you want!!!

Try it!!!
!