Problems with asus xonar dg pci 5 1 audio card

cornish boy

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012
Hello, Hope someone can help.
After installing my new xonar dg I have interrupted playback of music and video. Sounds like it's paused but still playing. I have disabled the onboard sound and installed the latest driver.
Running Windows XP home edition version 2002 service pack 2. AMD Athlon XP 2800+ with 3gb DDR. Radeon X1650 series 512 MB

triny

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Sounds like either you need to update the driver or on board sound was not disabled.
Check Asus for a driver update and make sure the on board sound is in fact disabled
check the device manager for issues .
But first check Asus for a driver update

cornish boy

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012
Hi Triny thanks for replying, I have checked with ASUS, only driver available is the same version as the one I got with the card, (5.12.8.1794). Used Driver Finder and the results were all drivers are in date. Disabled on board sound via BIOS and then double checked it. Device manager says no conflicts or issues. IRQ 18 assigned to card, nothing else using it.
In Device manager, under Sound, video and game controllers, I have Asus Xonar DG audio device, Audio codecs, Legacy audio drivers, legacy video capture devices, Media control devices and video codecs.
Can't see anything a miss but doesn't stop it from being a problem and sending me round the bend...