Sign in with
Your question
Solved

I5 2500k Motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
December 23, 2012 5:40:42 PM

Hi looking for a cheap motherboard that has the socket for an i5 2500k. I would like it to support upto 32gb at 1866 however I would be willing to compromise and go down to 16 if the price was right. Im not concerned with features assuming that it has the barebones, but I dont want something that will hurt my performance. I will be overclocking and will have a graphics card, but not much else in features except for the basics. What is the cheapest reasonable motherboard that I can get? -Thanks and let me know if there is any other info you need seeing as I'm providing very little.

More about : 2500k motherboard

December 23, 2012 6:05:48 PM

Yah I was looking at that, its a great price for that type of motherboard and I love ASrock, but is there anything that has the same performance but with less features? I'm terrible with motherboards so this may a dumb thread anyway. I should also mention that my graphics card is a Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 at this point in time, but this is may change.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
December 23, 2012 7:00:27 PM

The ASRock Z77 Extreme3: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

$10 cheaper but only 2 SATA 6.0gb/s ports instead of 4 on the extreme4. Also less USB 3.0 ports and a few other things. Others may recommend you something less expensive but I don't recommend anything less than the Extreme3 for overclocking (but I also think the Extreme4 is worth the extra $10). Both those boards have 8 phase VRM vs. the standard 4 phase VRM found on cheaper boards. Phases aren't everything but its a rough estimate of how well the board is designed for stable overclocks. I've seen too many people with problems with overclocks on cheap boards to recommend anything less for overclocking.
December 23, 2012 9:27:39 PM

Best answer selected by TheSpaceBetween.
m
l
!