Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Where To Put Wifi Card?

Last response: in Motherboards
December 23, 2012 6:10:01 PM

I got a Wifi card for my new build and there are a few different places i could put it on my motherboard. I'm wondering if like pci express slots, it matters where I put the Wifi card. If I put the card into the pci 1x on the bottom of the board, will it make a difference if i put it on the highest up pci x1 slot?

More about : put wifi card

December 24, 2012 5:07:00 AM

It does not really matter where you put it, all you have to make sure is that the card is perfectly fitting in the PCI slot. Also, are you sure you want a WIFI card? I had one before, but I had to return it due to incompatibility issues. When I went to the store, one of the employees said that a USB WIFI adapter is much better because you can insert it into any USB slot on your computer to get better Internet connections. Where as in the card, it only stays in one place of the computer and is not necessarily the best place.
m
l
December 24, 2012 5:08:28 AM

I forgot to mention this, but I eventually ended up buying a USB wifi adapter and it is working perfectly.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
December 24, 2012 5:38:03 AM

You can put the wifi card in whatever slot you want and it is recommended to be out of the way of your graphics card i.e. farthest if possible but it does not really matter.
December 24, 2012 8:41:14 AM

Best answer selected by Raxbar.
m
l
!