Sign in with
Your question
Solved

[problem with new build

Last response: in Systems
November 17, 2011 3:52:06 AM

Ok so I just built my first computer i had several problems(faulty power supply and monitor) but now its all put together and everything works fine...or so I thought.

I have noticed on a couple of my games (skyrim and minecraft so far) that the controls are very glitchy.
i will press "w" to go forward and it wont always work. in minecraft if i press space I continue to jump indefinitely and in skyrim it will get so bad that I cant move. the glitchiness will go away for a while and then come back later so I have no clue whats going on.

any help would be appreciated

here are my specs
Collermaster HAF X
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
MSI N580GTX Lightning Xtreme Edition
Intel Core i7-2600K
Crucial M4 - operating system
Seagate Barracuda XT - games

keyboard-Logitech G15

More about : problem build

Best solution

November 17, 2011 4:07:57 PM

I have pretty much the same system, I will assume there is a problem with your keyboard. Make sure all your drivers are up to date and then come back to me.
November 17, 2011 6:26:28 PM

my keyboard is kind of old so i went out and bought a cheap new one and the problem persists. I tried to plugging it into a new usb port as well but that didn't solve the problem either...im really starting to get concerned
m
l
Related resources
November 17, 2011 7:18:15 PM

I fixed it!!!...I had a program called texter that was messing it up....thanks for the help though
m
l
November 17, 2011 7:18:39 PM

Right, I would recommend checking all your drivers, making sure they are up to date. If the problem is not resolved I would like you to try to test as many games as possible, and tell me if there is the same problem for each. Make a list of each game you have tested. I would also recommend a 3Dmark test and perhaps a screenshot of your cpu-z.
m
l
November 17, 2011 7:19:13 PM

Right it is great to hear the problem has been resolved, enjoy your new pc :) 
m
l
November 24, 2011 12:54:35 AM

Best answer selected by jmart1025.
m
l
!