Gtx460 appears bent after contact with memory slot

scapegoat_44

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2011
scapegoat_44

Yesterday I bought an ASUS GTX460 TOP and installed it in my PC . When i opened the ATX case today i found out that the white coloured locking clips of the memory slot present in the mobo were in contact with the backside of PCB of the graphics card and the card appears slightly bent . Will this cause any issue ? I'm a bit worried

P.S : Could not post original pictures since a friend of mine has borrowed my camera . MY BAD :(

Mobo : DG35EC (micro atx)

ram1009

Distinguished
We're talking about a matter of degrees here. Circuit boards can be flexed a little without damage but the more they are flexed the more risk of breaking a run especially an inside run. If it's bent and still running I wouldn't worry about it. Over a period of time it will probably take a "set" from being heated.

My old 4850 were bent for some time but didnt really impact the card. (was from the custom cooler atached quite strong).

On the other hand, now i have the nvidia 560 ti from gigabyte and i know that if it bent, it would probably touch some conectors that might short-circuit.

Hard to say on your particular model.

scapegoat_44

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2011