i set up last night another user on my pc but when i
started up this morning my id has gone and the only one
there is the new one is there any way of retreiving this
please

Hi,

Previously (before creating the new user), did you use the built-in admin
account ? If so, then creating any new user account will make the built-in
admini account disappear from the welcome screen. If you wish to log-in to
that account, at the welcome screen, press CTRL+ALT+DEL twice and enter
'Administrator' as the username and the password and you can log-in.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations