PSP Just Got Home with Mine

Got the PSP Spider Man II Bundle, Tiger Woods PGA Tour, Hard Shell Flip Down
Screen Cover and a Car Charger - 325.00 @ Wal Mart

Oh Yeah, they had Like 100 of these freakin things and no one standing
around even looked remotely interested....

About the System itself?

I am a little speechless right now

Awesome, Freakin Awesome

I am a little disappointed that there was no Clear film on the screen and
that there are no Video Controls, Color, Brightness...etc....

Other then those Con's the Rest are Pros, Thus far Anyway
25 answers Last reply
More about home mine

    "GccTxs" <gcc1967@TRASHsbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > Got the PSP Spider Man II Bundle, Tiger Woods PGA Tour, Hard Shell Flip
    Down
    > Screen Cover and a Car Charger - 325.00 @ Wal Mart
    >
    > Oh Yeah, they had Like 100 of these freakin things and no one standing
    > around even looked remotely interested....
    >

    > About the System itself?
    >
    > I am a little speechless right now
    >
    > Awesome, Freakin Awesome
    >
    > I am a little disappointed that there was no Clear film on the screen and
    > that there are no Video Controls, Color, Brightness...etc....
    >
    > Other then those Con's the Rest are Pros, Thus far Anyway

    There is a brightness control. On the bottom--a button with a picture of
    the screen right next to the button with the picture of a musical note (for
    music settings).

    Went to the EBGames at 4th Street Live here in Louisville. And this one
    guy had Ridge Racer on his PSP. I stood there slacked jawed. It was
    freaking awsome! I had my doubts, they are gone! If I can get the money
    together to buy one, I WILL!

    Sony has a hit.
    "GccTxs" <gcc1967@TRASHsbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > Got the PSP Spider Man II Bundle, Tiger Woods PGA Tour, Hard Shell Flip
    > Down Screen Cover and a Car Charger - 325.00 @ Wal Mart
    >
    > Oh Yeah, they had Like 100 of these freakin things and no one standing
    > around even looked remotely interested....
    >

    > About the System itself?
    >
    > I am a little speechless right now
    >
    > Awesome, Freakin Awesome
    >
    > I am a little disappointed that there was no Clear film on the screen and
    > that there are no Video Controls, Color, Brightness...etc....
    >
    > Other then those Con's the Rest are Pros, Thus far Anyway

    "GccTxs" <gcc1967@TRASHsbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > Got the PSP Spider Man II Bundle, Tiger Woods PGA Tour, Hard Shell Flip
    Down
    > Screen Cover and a Car Charger - 325.00 @ Wal Mart
    >
    > Oh Yeah, they had Like 100 of these freakin things and no one standing
    > around even looked remotely interested....
    >

    > About the System itself?
    >
    > I am a little speechless right now
    >
    > Awesome, Freakin Awesome
    >
    > I am a little disappointed that there was no Clear film on the screen and
    > that there are no Video Controls, Color, Brightness...etc....

    There's 3 brightness settings, 4 when its plugged into the wall. Hold down
    the brightness button and it turns the screen off.

    Skye

    Skye wrote:

    > That explains why 5 of the top 10 rated games on gamerankings.com are
    > PSP titles. The launch lineup rules, despite what fanboys want to
    > believe.

    And on top of that, an obscure little game called Grand Theft Auto is due
    out in a few weeks.

    -Z-

    Holy moly, I gotta get me one. Its gonna be more than 300 bucks where I
    live, but heck I GOTTA!!!
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message
    > Skye wrote:
    >
    >> That explains why 5 of the top 10 rated games on gamerankings.com are
    >> PSP titles. The launch lineup rules, despite what fanboys want to
    >> believe.
    >
    > And on top of that, an obscure little game called Grand Theft Auto is due
    > out in a few weeks.

    Only a few weeks? I thought it would be a few months away at least. Have
    they confirmed yet whether it is to be a remake of an old GTA or a new game?
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Skye" <carolinaconvicts2@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >That explains why 5 of the top 10 rated games on gamerankings.com are PSP
    >titles.

    No, the fact that reviewers are wow'd by the technology explains those
    scores. A couple years from now, when really great PSP games are out
    that deserve 8s and 9s, these reviews will be looked back upon with
    embarassment.

    >The launch lineup rules, despite what fanboys want to believe.

    LOL! Yeah, the best title is Ridge Racer. Oh wait, and it's the exact
    same game that launched on the PS2 five years ago. Yeah, that totally
    rules.

    Joe
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote:

    >You lamers are so pitiful. If you couldn't buy one, don't take your
    >frustration out on the system itself. You don't know what you are talking
    >about and you haven't played one so just be quiet.

    Are you a troll, a fanboi, or just a moron? Enquiring minds want to
    know!

    Joe
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "brad" <res0og0o@verizon.net> wrote:

    >If I'm missing something from one of the launch titles let me know . . .

    Lumines (from the maker of Rez) is the one original launch title you
    should check out (most stores are out of stock on this game though).

    Joe
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Jerry P. Danzig" <jpdanzig@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

    >As I understand it, Ridge Racer runs on the PSP at 60 fps.

    Try 30. So what anyway? We're talking a five-year-old game.

    Joe
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Joe62" <NOSPAMjmcginn@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > "Jerry P. Danzig" <jpdanzig@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
    >
    >>As I understand it, Ridge Racer runs on the PSP at 60 fps.
    >
    > Try 30. So what anyway? We're talking a five-year-old game.
    >
    > Joe

    Its not 30, moron. Do you always talk out of your ass when you are jealous?
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote:
    >
    >>You lamers are so pitiful. If you couldn't buy one, don't take your
    >>frustration out on the system itself. You don't know what you are talking
    >>about and you haven't played one so just be quiet.

    Enquiring minds want to
    > know!

    I will "Enquire" why you are such a dumb ass.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    I heard 60; 30 for NFSU...

    "Joe62" <NOSPAMjmcginn@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > "Jerry P. Danzig" <jpdanzig@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
    >
    > >As I understand it, Ridge Racer runs on the PSP at 60 fps.
    >
    > Try 30. So what anyway? We're talking a five-year-old game.
    >
    > Joe
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    My understanding is the PSP GTA will be a new game, set in Liberty City...

    "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

    > "Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message
    > > Skye wrote:
    > >
    > >> That explains why 5 of the top 10 rated games on gamerankings.com are
    > >> PSP titles. The launch lineup rules, despite what fanboys want to
    > >> believe.
    > >
    > > And on top of that, an obscure little game called Grand Theft Auto is
    due
    > > out in a few weeks.
    >
    > Only a few weeks? I thought it would be a few months away at least. Have
    > they confirmed yet whether it is to be a remake of an old GTA or a new
    game?

  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Jerry P. Danzig" <jpdanzig@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    > My understanding is the PSP GTA will be a new game, set in Liberty City...

    Just what is needed, thanks.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > Lumines is digital crack. Wipeout rules.

    Those visuals in Lumines make you think you're on crack. The music is great
    too.

    RnR Lesnar
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote:

    >I will "Enquire" why you are such a dumb ass.

    Brilliant comeback. What are you, eleven?

    Joe
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Wolverine wrote:

    > IMHO, Untold Legends rocks, and is by far the best of the launch
    > titles.

    Ug, really? Does it get better? I'm only an hour or so into it but not very
    impressed. I was expecting something more along the lines of a perfect
    scaling down on Champions of Norrath or Baldur's Gate: DA. Does the story at
    least get interesting?

    -Z-
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    No, PSP RR is NOT the same game as the one on the PS2. The new game
    introduces nitro, which you earn when you drift. Also, there are supposed
    to be new tracks in addition to some of the old ones...

    I was never a fan of RR on the PS2, but I like the PSP version with nitro...
    Very challenging, and packing eye power in every pixel!

    > "Skye" <carolinaconvicts2@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > >That explains why 5 of the top 10 rated games on gamerankings.com are PSP
    > >titles.
    >
    > No, the fact that reviewers are wow'd by the technology explains those
    > scores. A couple years from now, when really great PSP games are out
    > that deserve 8s and 9s, these reviews will be looked back upon with
    > embarassment.
    >
    > >The launch lineup rules, despite what fanboys want to believe.
    >
    > LOL! Yeah, the best title is Ridge Racer. Oh wait, and it's the exact
    > same game that launched on the PS2 five years ago. Yeah, that totally
    > rules.
    >
    > Joe
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > No, PSP RR is NOT the same game as the one on the PS2. The new game
    > introduces nitro, which you earn when you drift. Also, there are supposed
    > to be new tracks in addition to some of the old ones...

    So in other words, they added a few extra bells and whistles to the same
    game, sorta like the GBA Super Mario reissues.

    --
    This post brought to you by Dammitol.
    Dammitol: We can't get rid of the stress,

    "The Eternal Lost Lurker" <shirikage@shirigakure.ne.butt> wrote in message

    Why are you so hot and bothered over the PSP if you don't own one or are
    interested in purchasing one?
    Trolling, trolling, trolling, keep that flamebait rolling
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Boody Bandit" <lightenup@francis.news> wrote in message

    > "The Eternal Lost Lurker" <shirikage@shirigakure.ne.butt> wrote in message
    >
    > Why are you so hot and bothered over the PSP if you don't own one or are
    > interested in purchasing one?
    > Trolling, trolling, trolling, keep that flamebait rolling

    It'd be trolling if this were a PSP newsgroup...which it isn't. :P

    --
    This post brought to you by Dammitol.
    Dammitol: We can't get rid of the stress,
    but we can help with the headache.
    ==============================
    The Eternal Lost Lurker
    (Shodaime Shirikage)
    www.lurkerdrome.com
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "The Envious Lost Lameass Loser Troll" wrote:

    > It'd be trolling if this were a PSP newsgroup...which it isn't. :P

    Yeah ok trollboy
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > "The Envious Lost Lameass Loser Troll" wrote:

    No need for me to mangle your handle. It already describes your tendencies
    quite sufficiently.

    > > It'd be trolling if this were a PSP newsgroup...which it isn't. :P
    >
    > Yeah ok trollboy

    This is alt.games.video.sony-playstation2.

    *2*. Not *P*.

    Try a little harder next time, buttpirate.

    --
    This post brought to you by Dammitol.
    Dammitol: We can't get rid of the stress,
    but we can help with the headache.
    ==============================
    The Eternal Lost Lurker
    (Shodaime Shirikage)
    www.lurkerdrome.com
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Rick Berry wrote:

    > You know you can hold the right shoulder button and tap the triangle
    > button and the camera swings around behind you, right?

    No, I didn't know that. And I even scanned through the manual before
    playing. Thanks for the tip.

    -Z-

Console Gaming PlayStation Video Video Games