Sign in with
Your question

Black screen on boot Foxconn A6GMV Motherboard

Last response: in Systems
November 17, 2011 7:27:51 AM

Hi, my computer turns on but shows no signal on the monitor.

My computer last worked about two weeks ago. It was working fine until I turned it off one night by shutting the computer down by the start menu and the next day I turned it on and got nothing on my monitor. I did not install any software or hardware during the month it stoped working.

Problem:
My computer turns on and the power light turns on along with the CPU fan and the PSU
fan. The hard drive does spin up but the HDD light doesn't light up at all but all wires are connected. I get a no signal from my monitor. I also don't get any beep errors I dont know if my motherboard speaker is dead or not but it's connected.

PC's spec's:
CPU: AMD Athlon II

Motherboard: Foxconn A6GMV

RAM: Simmtronics 2GB DDR3 1333

CPU fan: Spire RoHs 12V

Video Card:
Built-in

PSU: iCute 500W AP500AS

HDD: Maxtor DiamonMax plus 9 160GB ATA/ 133 SN: Y46QX3QE

Other Parts: Micronet 54Mbps 802.11g PCI WLAN CARD

Steps I have taken to reslove the issuse:

1.Dissambled and reassambled the whole pc

2. Cleaned case and componets with cotton buds leaveing no fluff or dust

3. switching RAM slots

4. Clearing the BOIS memory by taking out the power leads and the power cables to the motherboard and removed the motherboard battery.

I'm sorry for any spelling mistakes and if i have missed anything out if more information is needed then please just ask me and i shall try my best to fnd it out. If you want to E-mail me then me E-mail is as follows Thriller-1992@hotmail.com

Thank you for reading.

Jonathan Whyte-Smith
a c 136 B Homebuilt system
a c 93 V Motherboard
November 17, 2011 8:57:12 AM

got another monitor and cable to try?
November 18, 2011 4:31:39 AM

Outlander_04 said:
got another monitor and cable to try?

yes and the problem still remains. thank you for trying to help
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b V Motherboard
January 11, 2012 10:33:42 AM

whytej01 said:
Hi, my computer turns on but shows no signal on the monitor.

My computer last worked about two weeks ago. It was working fine until I turned it off one night by shutting the computer down by the start menu and the next day I turned it on and got nothing on my monitor. I did not install any software or hardware during the month it stoped working.

Problem:
My computer turns on and the power light turns on along with the CPU fan and the PSU
fan. The hard drive does spin up but the HDD light doesn't light up at all but all wires are connected. I get a no signal from my monitor. I also don't get any beep errors I dont know if my motherboard speaker is dead or not but it's connected.

PC's spec's:
CPU: AMD Athlon II

Motherboard: Foxconn A6GMV

RAM: Simmtronics 2GB DDR3 1333

CPU fan: Spire RoHs 12V

Video Card:
Built-in

PSU: iCute 500W AP500AS

HDD: Maxtor DiamonMax plus 9 160GB ATA/ 133 SN: Y46QX3QE

Other Parts: Micronet 54Mbps 802.11g PCI WLAN CARD

Steps I have taken to reslove the issuse:

1.Dissambled and reassambled the whole pc

2. Cleaned case and componets with cotton buds leaveing no fluff or dust

3. switching RAM slots

4. Clearing the BOIS memory by taking out the power leads and the power cables to the motherboard and removed the motherboard battery.

I'm sorry for any spelling mistakes and if i have missed anything out if more information is needed then please just ask me and i shall try my best to fnd it out. If you want to E-mail me then me E-mail is as follows Thriller-1992@hotmail.com

Thank you for reading.

Jonathan Whyte-Smith

Hello,

This problem sign most of the time a memory poblem.

take off your memory out , use an eraser (blue for ink not graphite) gently clean the connector both side , this should be a reflex for any intervention on card bus connected (old guy trick) .

Reinstall the memory and be sure that it's firmly in place (the side notch must be hooked)

It's useless to take off the power supply to reset the bios, you have a jumper located close connector sata 3 serigraphied CLR_CMOS
take the jumper off 1 and 2 and place it on 2 and 3 switch on for 1 seconde (it's not critical) switch off put the jumper back on 1 and 2 and it's done
Related resources
!