Sign in with
Your question
Solved

I just bought a new acer laptop and deleted some files i didn't want l

Last response: in CPUs
February 17, 2012 11:44:14 PM

I just bought a new acer laptop and deleted some files i didn't want like mcafee and some other things.
It turns out that this laptop i did this on was from a recent exchange from futureshop. So on the first laptop i bought yesterday i used 3 dvd's to backup to factory settings or something. And this time on the exchanged laptop today i deleted files first and am wondering how i can make those back up dvd's for this laptop? I made a dvd to back up something but it only took like 20seconds? So how can i back up on 3 dvd's again for this laptop and what did i backup in the 20 seconds??? Can someone help me, thanks. it is an acer aspire intel core i3-380m, the previous laptop was acer with pentium 6200 processor. Their was A POP UP LAST TIME AND THATS HOW I CREATED DVDS, THIS TIME I WENT TO BACKUP AND RESTSTOR ANDD I CREATED 1 DVD IN LIKE 20 SECONDS. AND AS I SAID BEFORE I HAVE DELETED SOME FILES THAT INTERFEAR WITH MY INTERNET PROVIDERS FIREWALL LIKE MCAFEE, AND SOME OTHER THINGS LIKE NORTON AND KODO. SO CAN I STILL MAKE BACKUP DVD'S SOPMEHOW, IF SO PLEASE TELL ME HOW, I DONT THINK IT CAN BE DONE IN BACKUP AND RESTORE, MAYBE FOR THIS LAPTOP THE 1 DISK WAS ALL I NEEDED, NO THAT DONT MAKE SENSE. PLEASE HELP.

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b D Laptop
February 17, 2012 11:53:34 PM
a b D Laptop
February 17, 2012 11:56:10 PM

Sorry - I cant help unless your question is in English... or something close to English.

Good luck. Hope you get it sorted.
Cheers
m
l
Related resources
February 18, 2012 12:01:26 AM

Best answer selected by un4gettable47.
m
l
February 18, 2012 12:04:40 AM

Reply un4gettable47:

Thank u so much, i thought i was unable to make disk because i deleted some files. And sorry for caps lock pressed it by accident and was too lazy to turn it off, lol. can i ask u another question please, what do u think the other disk was that i burned in backup manager, what did i backup, thanks. And if i screw up my computer would i use that disk to, thanks.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b D Laptop
February 18, 2012 2:29:52 AM

un4gettable47 said:
Reply un4gettable47:

Thank u so much, i thought i was unable to make disk because i deleted some files. And sorry for caps lock pressed it by accident and was too lazy to turn it off, lol. can i ask u another question please, what do u think the other disk was that i burned in backup manager, what did i backup, thanks. And if i screw up my computer would i use that disk to, thanks.

I have no idea what you burned or what program it was from but you shouldn't need it. you likely have a recovery partition on the drive so the files you deleted don't matter, its just making a copy of the recovery partition which you didn't change. you normally don't need the disks for a factory restore unless you have totally wiped the drive or had to replace it as it can be done on bootup with the recovery partition
m
l
!