Wich card i should take??

- if nVidia it's SLI, if AMD it's Crossfire. and a single HD 6950 or HD 6970 will do the job on ultra, but you still can CF them for the better FPS.
- like said before depending on your CPU, PSU we can recommend a single or multi GPU, and what resolution will you be gaming at ?

and i would go to for the HD 6950 2 Gb version not 1 GB, the more Vram helps a lot in maximum resolution and will be a more future proof for the upcoming games.

briansklein

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
OK here is an educated statement. NVIDIA is better than ATI. I have owned both and NVIDIA cards are just better quieter and lower power consumption penny to penny. Also go with the Zotac 570 amp edition less price than the 6900 series and over all better performance but not by much. However the drivers from NVIDIA are way better and overclocking the cards now are just as easy as ATI.

Zotac 570 amp edition for 309.00 usd cant beat it. And if you feel froggy SLI those suckers.

educated is not the word i would use for your statement. you will just start a fanboy war with talk like that. there are different situations/cooler models for each brand and both have their positive and negative. Going ATI or nvidia depends on your budget and gaming needs, so if your needs arent met by nvidia then ati is better for the situation and vice versa

to answer OP, there is no such thing as "future proof", and either setup will do fine. if you are wanting multiple monitors or resolutions higher than 1920x1080, then ati is where i would go. anything 1920x1080 and below with a single monitor the 560Tix2will be just fine. basically its up to you and how much you are willing to spend, because they are both great setups.

briansklein

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
OK I understand the fanboi thing and I'm not looking to start an opinion war. Just an educated statement from an avid benchmark view hog and from thousands of dollars of personal experience. 5 years with ATI/AMD products and to be honest I'm just not satisfied.
990fxa gd80 mobo
PH ii 965
just dumped 2 6850's for my first NVIDIA card the Zotac gtx 570 amp edition and the one card alone performs better than the 2 6850s but not by much and no glitching and or driver issues. Also unless the Bulldozer really comes out of the gate with a decent price/performance im selling my mother board and cpu and going with an intel chip set for a few bucks more. The bottle necking is just horrible with the gpu's and cpu's and the glitches with the cards although ATI is faithful in solving issues eventually intel/nvidia right now is just a smarter choice. So I'm not an intel nvidia sales guy just someone who was sold into the amd market on some empty promises and some fullfilled promises. I say intel nvidai because after following my competitors for this long I have noticed one thing. Better performance hands down.

maybe for your situation it was better for you, but theres another thread i replied to that you started that explained a few things of ati and nvidia so you could make that decision on the monitor you want to get. like i said earlier it is purely based on what and how you game as to which brand you pick, in your case, nvidia was the winner.
I have a gtx570, and love it, but wouldnt hesitate to switch to ati if it fit my budget/gaming situation at the time

ok so thread back on track, OP, you have some options to think about on what you want to use your gaming rig for. either option will fit your needs based on what resolution/number of monitors you want to run. Referring to my previous post about resolutions. just make sure you have a psu that can handle it