Model GeForce 6100-ITX
MPN GF6100-E-E
UPC 4897022323899, 853505002488

Key Features
Product Type Motherboard
Form Factor Micro ATX
Width 6.7 in.
Depth 6.7 in.
CPU Type Athlon, Athlon II, Athlon II X2, Athlon II X3, Athlon II X4, Athlon X2, Phenom II, Phenom II X3, Phenom II X4, Phenom X3, Phenom X4, Sempron, Sempron X2
CPU Socket Type Socket AM2 / AM2+
Chipset Type NVIDIA GeForce 6100 / nForce 430
Data Bus Speed 1000 MHz
BIOS Type Award
Storage Controllers Serial ATA-300 (RAID)
Power Connectors 20-pin main power connector, 4-pin ATX12V connector
Western Digital WG 3200 JB 350 gig hard drive
Startech bi-directional Sata/IDe adapter converter

Hello I am having a problem getting my computer to actually post when in fact each and every time that I restart it would act like it wants to boot to Windows XP, but then it would suddenly restart and go back to its original phase in a constant cycle. Now within the tower I have three of the bidirectional adapter converters connected to my DVD-ROM, DVD burner, and an older hard drive from the same tower and this is because my DVD-ROM, burner, and hard drive or IDE compatible.so when I purchased this new motherboard it was newer than I thought because it had Sata ports instead of the original IDE ports so I had to buy these adapters in order for it to work. now the Windows XP version that is on this hard drive has drivers from a different motherboard.

I am assuming that the motherboard is fine because it is booting to a certain point, but then a constantly restarts. I had done all kinds a research on how to access my hard drive, but I am completely lost because I can't find the answer to my problem. My DVD-ROM and burner do run-and I hear the hard drive running as well; however, when I installed the Windows XP CD into the ROM and restart the computer I would tap on the F8 button to get it to boot from CD. It should go to the black screen that enables me to access the DVD drives that allows me to access my CD so I can reformat or format this hard drive.

This is not the case it keeps going back to the black screen where it has safe mode, less known good configuration, boot normally into Windows. I am not sure what to do with this. This is quite frustrating when all I want to do is access that hard drive.

I've done all kinds of things, but I still get the same results so I am not sure what is happening here if anyone can help me with this problem this would be greatly appreciated. Now keep in mind I am not an expert at computers however I am in the process of being one. So please explain in layman terms this would be greatly appreciated. If you need any more information about this I will be glad to respond thank you.
6 answers Last reply
More about computer restarting
  1. Have you reinstalled windows?
  2. Unfortunately I can't it wont recognize my dvd rom and burner in order for me to format windows! :(
  3. Do the drives show up in the BIOS? See if the SATA controller is set to Native IDE.
  4. I can't access the bios because it keeps taking me back to the black screen with Safe Modes and last known good config page. As for Sata controller is set to Native IDE. Yes all of the three that I have are set for native. A suggestion would it be easier just to purchase a newer hard drive with Sata and call it a day which is what I am thing of doing! :D :D
  5. Totally agree :D Same with the DVD Writer. You can get both 1TB HDD and a CD\DVD Writer for less than $100(US)
  6. That's what I am going to do thanks for the help people it was greatly appreciated. :p
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Phenom