Curious - startup screen during SP2 install in hi res - how?

August 14, 2004 4:34:17 PM

This is not a problem - I'm just curious ...

I was a beta tester for SP2 so I now have the final SP2.
During install & reboot the startup screen (one with progress bar)
was showing in high resolution - it looked really nice compared
with the usual 640x480.

But now its gone. How did they do that ? Why not leave
it that way ? How do I get it back ?

bill

---
August 19, 2004 3:49:02 AM

Hi,

I heard that they modified the start up screen for SP2. and changed the
words windows xp professional to just windows xp.

and that might be by design.

Regards
M. Rajesh
..Net and Windows Shell MVP