I’m looking for suggestions on how to most wisely build my next computer. I build one computer every 6 years and don’t keep up with technology so it’s like starting over from scratch each time. Current system is an Asus MB with athlon64 929 single core 2Ghz chip and 1TB WD HDD 1Gig corsair ddr400. I’m looking for something to last another 6years and that will load/edit high resolution photos quicker
Budget: about $500
reuse: monitor, case, keyboard, mouse, DVD, etc.
used for: internet, email, MS office, editing raw photos with Corel, some video editing (don’t do gaming)
1) what to look for in a motherboard
2) which processor (2,3,4,6 cores?? )
3) 32 or 64 bit OS (will use Win7)
4) how much ram
5) what type of ram
6) buy SSD drive for OS or just reuse old HD drive?
7) will video card help with photo editing or is motherboard graphics good enough