Taskbar Problems

Hello,

I'm having a problem with my Taskbar that recently
started. On every reboot it will reorganize and shorten
the Quick Launch and also add the Search Assistant
Toolbar to the Taskbar. I've tried to set it how I want
it and "lock" the Taskbar, but it just resets it with the
reorganizes QL and SA and remains "locked" on reboot. Is
there a way to get it to leave it the way I want it?
This is a relatively new problem - it used to remain the
way I had it set.
Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about taskbar problems

    Daniel--

    Go to Kelly's Tweaks:

    1) See Line 117 Left: Restore Taskbar and Start Menu
    2) See several other taskbar tool bar tweaks on this list that expands
    frequently
    with a lot of the fixes made to solve problems that show up on groups.
    3) See:

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    4) Get:
    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

    Chad Harris
    _______________________________

    "Daniel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    Hello,

    I'm having a problem with my Taskbar that recently
    started. On every reboot it will reorganize and shorten
    the Quick Launch and also add the Search Assistant
    Toolbar to the Taskbar. I've tried to set it how I want
    it and "lock" the Taskbar, but it just resets it with the
    reorganizes QL and SA and remains "locked" on reboot. Is
    there a way to get it to leave it the way I want it?
    This is a relatively new problem - it used to remain the
    way I had it set.
    Thanks

    Hi Daniel,

    Quick Launch settings are not saved; Search Assistant Toolbar in Taskbar:
    http://www.winxptutor.com/wsaremove.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/gp/gpref.asp

    "Daniel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:654a01c48249$952f6030$a401280a@phx.gbl...
    Hello,

    I'm having a problem with my Taskbar that recently
    started. On every reboot it will reorganize and shorten
    the Quick Launch and also add the Search Assistant
    Toolbar to the Taskbar. I've tried to set it how I want
    it and "lock" the Taskbar, but it just resets it with the
    reorganizes QL and SA and remains "locked" on reboot. Is
    there a way to get it to leave it the way I want it?
    This is a relatively new problem - it used to remain the
    way I had it set.
    Thanks

Configuration Taskbar Customization Windows XP