2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent

How do i know if i have a 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent,if i don't where can i get one? Please help me! :( :??:
39 answers Last reply
More about processor equivalent
  1. Use cpuz, it gives information on your cpu. Mainstream Pentium 4's are pretty old you can buy them for about 10 dollars or less on ebay. Use cpuz to find your socket type so I can help you with compatablity if you want to upgrade. Here is the website http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html. What are you trying to do with your computer, if you trying to make you computer faster to be compatable with games you should buy a graphics card.
  2. i think u r trying to know whether ur game or software is compatible with ur current pc or not.

    i think most of the cpu above 2005 and up are equal or above P4 2.0.
    all the dualcore, core2, quad cores and core i3,5,7 series are higher than P4.

    or just download cpuz and state the model and name of cpu to us and we may help u. also mention what u want to do for what.
  3. i need it for a game.
  4. Phyrexiancure said:
    Use cpuz, it gives information on your cpu. Mainstream Pentium 4's are pretty old you can buy them for about 10 dollars or less on ebay. Use cpuz to find your socket type so I can help you with compatablity if you want to upgrade. Here is the website http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html. What are you trying to do with your computer, if you trying to make you computer faster to be compatable with games you should buy a graphics card.

    Your link doesn't work
  5. myowaiwin said:
    i think u r trying to know whether ur game or software is compatible with ur current pc or not.

    i think most of the cpu above 2005 and up are equal or above P4 2.0.
    all the dualcore, core2, quad cores and core i3,5,7 series are higher than P4.

    or just download cpuz and state the model and name of cpu to us and we may help u. also mention what u want to do for what.

    you think.
  6. Quote:
    please be more informative with as much knowledge possible OERB57.

    what is your current pc specs?

    i think we bought it in 2006.I have directX 11. operating system is windows vista.my model is aspire M1201,my processer is AMB athlon.Is that what your looking for?
  7. what are your current PC specs?
  8. then what do i do
  9. If the PC is from 2006 it should run what you are trying to. CPUs from that year should all be running faster than a 2gig P4. Another way to find it is to just install whatever you are trying to and see how it runs. I doubt your video card card is directx 11 capable though unless you bought a new one in the last year or so. And since you are looking to play a game, the video card is at least as important as the CPU or RAM.

    If you right-click on My Computer, and go to Properties it will tell you what your system specs are, CPU model and speed and RAM amount. Also need to post your video card since it's for a game.

    The best way of asking questions is with some details. Should have started with "I have so and so game I want to play, my PC is this model with these specs, will it run?" So what game are you trying to play, and what are your exact system specs (CPU type and speed, RAM amount, Video card model).
  10. Anything above a 2000+ amd is equivilent to a 2.0 ghz pentium 4. So you should be fine because most of the ones i saw w/ vista are dual cores. Which are 5000+ from what i saw, so you should be fine.
  11. Wow people this doesnt have to be difficult
    this specs on the Aspire M1201
    http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/desktop/0000/Acer/AspireM1201/AspireM1201sp2.shtml

    It has at least a Athlon x 2
    also supports Phenom x 3 and Phenom x 4 CPUs

    Since the OP stated it says Athlon
    then it is an Athlon64 x 2 probably a 5000+ or better CPU

    so to answer the OPs question
    OP you have a CPU that is MUCH MORE POWERFUL than a P4 2.0
    any game or program that requires a P4 2.0 will run really well
    on your computer

    Now OP if is for a game
    then your graphics is important
    you have ATI Radeon 2100 onboard graphics according to Acer spec sheet
    which is honestly absolutely horrible for gaming


    It would help to know
    What game do you want to play?

    You are ok for using easy to play games for example like Bejeweled 3
    but for harder games you would need to add a video card

    You have a 250w power supply and a PCIe x 16 2.0 slot
    If you wanted to add a video card
    I would suggest a HD 4650,HD 4670,HD 5670 or HD 6670
    that is in order from lowest to highest performing
    the HD 6670 would be the most powerful card you could use
    costs about $100 USD on Newegg

    You would need basic computer skills to add a card
    or help from a friend
  12. CANNOT use a HD 6770 with a stock Acer 250 watt power supply!
  13. I would not run anything over a 4000 series with a stock PSU in that system just to be safe. I think ACER shops in the same cheap component bin as eMachines, I'm betting the PSU if rated at 250 put out a lot closer to 200 in the real world.
  14. Quote:
    yes i know is why i was adding it to my 2nd post on the 6770 topic [:isamuelson:6]



    Sorry :)

    I caught you in between posts
    My bad
    BTW 384 bit
    thank you for serving
    I have a friend who was 101st
    will tell some good stories if he is in the right mood


    good idea but depending on the game
    might not be needed
    if they are just looking to play some Bejeweled/Popcam type game
    then they dont need to upgrade
    now if they want to play Crysis 2 than that is a problem
    but I am thinking if the game asks for a Pentium 4 2.0 as minimum requirement
    it cant be too hard a game to run

    also it depends on OPs skill level at upgrading computers
    unless the OP has a buddy that is the "computer guy" to help them out
  15. king smp said:
    Sorry :)

    I caught you in between posts
    My bad
    BTW 384 bit
    thank you for serving
    I have a friend who was 101st
    will tell some good stories if he is in the right mood


    good idea but depending on the game
    might not be needed
    if they are just looking to play some Bejeweled/Popcam type game
    then they dont need to upgrade
    now if they want to play Crysis 2 than that is a problem
    but I am thinking if the game asks for a Pentium 4 2.0 as minimum requirement
    it cant be too hard a game to run

    also it depends on OPs skill level at upgrading computers
    unless the OP has a buddy that is the "computer guy" to help them out



    BTW King SMP liking your new avatar pic/signiture/new qoute :D .
  16. ps3hacker12 said:
    BTW King SMP liking your new avatar pic/signiture/new qoute :D .



    Thanks I was in a silly mood (should I say nutty mood?)

    Probably change it soon

    Hard to be taken seriously you know :)

    Thinking of an Alice in Wonderland thing
    I have been playing Alice 2 The Madness Returns
    awesome game BTW
    check it out
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69TFRHRepek&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL786AF5A2494BEA7F

    I love games that are creepy and trippy
    like Bioshock 2 also
  17. king smp said:
    Thanks I was in a silly mood (should I say nutty mood?)

    Probably change it soon

    Hard to be taken seriously you know :)

    Thinking of an Alice in Wonderland thing
    I have been playing Alice 2 The Madness Returns
    awesome game BTW
    check it out
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69TFRHRepek&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL786AF5A2494BEA7F

    I love games that are creepy and trippy
    like Bioshock 2 also


    on what console? PC? PS3? 360?

    lol yeah, it does look good, to bad the fanboys will herd to major games like Black Ops+small DLC (also known as MW3).
  18. No PC
    looks great
    highest settings at 1920x1080 at 2x Physics
    on a HD 5670 OCd till it almost melting LOL
    stock 775core/1000mem OCd to 890core/1200mem
  19. This thread makes my head hurt.....
  20. OERB57 said:
    then what do i do


    As mentioned above, your PC only has a 250w power supply. That would limit you to a relatively weak video card like the Radeon HD 5570 which does not use that much power. Decent gaming performance depends on which game you want to play and the resolution you want to play the game at. The lower the resolution, the better your performance will be. Graphics quality also plays a role in performance. Low graphics quality settings will give you better performance as well.

    The nVidia equivalent to the Radeon HD 5570 would be the GeForce GT 430, it uses a little more power though.

    If you want a more powerful video card, then you need to upgrade your power supply.
  21. It would be pushing it to use a HD 5670 or HD 6670
    but could work
    Jaguarskx gives good advice
    Jag what do you think about a HD 4650 compared to the 5570?
    taking into account price vs performance?

    It would really help to know what game(s) the OP wants to run
    I know my wife doesnt play anything tougher than Bejeweled and other Popcam
    games plus some Tetris and other puzzle games
    so in that case the HD 4650 1gb I put in her tower is more than enough for her
    I am talking 120FPS in Bejeweled 3 LOL
  22. king smp said:

    Jag what do you think about a HD 4650 compared to the 5570?
    taking into account price vs performance?



    Hmmmmm.....

    Overall, the HD 4670 is a bit faster than the HD 5570. While a HD 5570 can beat the HD 4670 in some games, I would say that HD 5570 is on average 15% slower than the HD 4670.

    The Radeon HD 4650 is around 33% - 50% slower than it's bigger brother, the HD 4670 depending on the game. Let's just 40% to make it easy. Bringing the HD 5570 into the mix, that means it's performance is closer to that of the HD 4670 than the slower HD 4550.

    The least expensive HD 5570 after rebate is $40 + Free shipping.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131342

    The least expensive HD 4650 after rebate is $30 + Free shipping. However, it is the 64-bit version, not the 128-bit version which means there will be a bit of performance loss due to less bandwidth. That means this particular HD 4650 will be more than 40% slower than your typical 128-bit HD 4650 compared to the HD 4670.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150562

    I really do not understand why a 128-bit HD 4650 cost $135. For that amount of money you can almost buy two Radeon HD 6670s, but of course that uses more power than the HD 5570 and I would not recommend using that card with a 250w PSU.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814129145

    In a nutshell... the Radeon HD 5570 is the best card to buy for a 250w PSU. Also, as I mentioned before, the nVidia GeForce GT 430 ($40 after rebate + free shipping) would be an alternative to the Radeon HD 5570. Both cards are more or less evenly matched, but the GT 430 uses a little more power.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162067
  23. Quote:
    OERB57 do not get smart.
    you are the one asking us to solve your problem, but we need you to help us initially so we can help you.
    now start again and give me your pc specs.

    i dont mean to offend you.
  24. i am trying to get a 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent to play SPORE (dont make comments about what i am trying to play)
  25. looking at the SPORE (cool game) spec sheet
    http://www.spore.com/what/specs_spore

    your CPU is more than enough to handle the game
    also looking at graphics
    The onboard Radeon 2100 you have should be good enough to play the game
    though a video card would help
  26. king smp said:
    looking at the SPORE (cool game) spec sheet
    http://www.spore.com/what/specs_spore

    your CPU is more than enough to handle the game
    also looking at graphics
    The onboard Radeon 2100 you have should be good enough to play the game
    though a video card would help

    i think i have a video card,i have DirectX 11, is that good enough for a video card?I dont really know what a video card is ;) .
  27. okay but do you think the same thing as king smp, that i should be good to go :) :??: ?(Not perfectly good,of course).
  28. Quote:
    on minimal settings yes definitly.

    okay so this disscusion is finished.thank you all!(YES! i get to play spore :wahoo: :D ) P.S. can you close a disscusion like closing a question? (when closing a question you select best anwser)
  29. usually when you choose a best answer the moderator will close the thread
  30. king smp said:
    usually when you choose a best answer the moderator will close the thread

    No.Thats on a question.On a discussion. :??:
  31. OERB57 said:
    No.Thats on a question.On a discussion. :??:


    on a discussion you cant.
  32. You need to upgrade your system at least core 2 due, for best gaming environment.
  33. DISSCUSION CLOSED!!!
  34. /ENDOFDISCUSSION.
  35. gjgjghjghjghjghjghjghj
  36. use the report button above your post
    you can ask the mod to close the thread
    Hope I helped
    Good luck
    Did you try the game?
  37. Yup i mean workable gaming environment but it is best gaming environment as compare to p4 processor gaming or core 2 processor gaming :)
  38. its a better gaming environment then a P4 or a core 2 duo.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Processors Graphics Product