Can anyone recommend a good case?

ult15

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
Planning to build a new PC in a couple months but I'm searching for a good case. Going to use 1 high-end video card (probably a 7950/70 or nvidia kepler). Also going to have an i5-3570k OCed with the Hyper Evo 212 cooler.

Many have recommended the Cooler Master HAF 912. I'm just worried that everything may not fit should I later decide to SLI/Crossfire high end cards and get a larger power supply PLUS have that specialty cpu cooler. Will the HAF 912 be good enough.

I prefer to have lots (too much) space to work with when building. Can anyone recommend any good FULL tower cases? Good meaning = high airflow/tool-less drive bays/2.5'' bays for SSD, etc.

I have a rosewill Thor V2 that I really like. receives very good professional reviews and has excellent cooling and plenty of room. reviews on newegg are also 5 star.

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147053

I also bought mine when it still came with the "out the back" USB 3.0 cables because the motherboard header hadn't been standardized yet. I contacted rosewill and they gave me no trouble and shipped.me the entire top of the case/front panel with the new cables with the USB3.0 motherboard headers at no cost. Very satisfied with the customer service.

Theres's a few that I like;
The Enermax Fulmo GT can handle anything you throw at it. There's a couple of good ones from Coolermaster, like the 932 and cosmos II. I am quite fond of my NZXT Phantom, but if that's a bit over the top for you then look at the Switch 810, its a very nice case. Also look at offerings from BitFenix and Fractal designs. All very good case manufacturers that are on the cutting edge riught now.

I hear good things about the Antec 1100 as well.

XcS Dead Deer

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2011
Look up the Antec DF-85 case. 7 fans, 7 3.5" expansion slots, and more than enough room. It's fairly heavy, about 25 pounds, but it's a hell of a case. Just don't spill sprite through the top fans. Your system wont like that...

ult15

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
Priorities are:

Easy installation: (tool-less drive bays, SSD holder/2.5" etc)
Good airflow (obviously :p)
Good cable management (holes for this)

I've never had a case with a removable motherboard tray - is it a big help to have one?

Want to keep preferably below $200

Tavo_Nova

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
COOLER MASTER COSMOS II == this Bad boy is such a beast

or the Level 10 thermaltake or the level 10 GT

or if your going for Haf X go take the Nvidia route, and for NZXT Khaos or the NZXT phantom white/red stripes

vollman1

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
I have the HAF X and it will do everything that you want a case to do.

I do think that the Rosewill Thor V2 is a very good option also.

Here are some numbers (given to me in another thread by ChrisUlrich :) )

http://www.techspot.com/review/461-cooler-master-storm-trooper/page4.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4648/rosewill-thor-v2-the-god-of-cooling-and-silence/6

The HAF X isn't listed in the Anandtech review, but the 650D is on both. So you have to a bit of extrapolating.