Solved

If my ram isn't on my MoBO list, will it still work?

I got the asrock z68 pro3-m motherboard and this ram

G skill ddr3 1600, 1.5 volt, cas lat 9
F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

Thanks!
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about mobo list work
  1. 9 times out of 10 it will. but it might require higher timings or slower speed to get it to work. but that much effort is rare.
  2. Ok cool thanks, hopefully it just recognizes it right because I'm definitely a noob. I've never built a pc before haha. If it isn't working right I'm not even sure I'll be able to tell
  3. The thing about RAM is that not every motherboard manufacturer is able to test every part out there. The list that's given is a general guideline - if it supports 1333 at 1.5V per 4GB chip, then it should support most any model 4GB/1333/1.5V. Most RAM manufacturers are aware of this, and if it's not supported you can always e-mail the motherboard manufacturer to see if there's a more up to date list.
  4. Ok thanks, it should be fine, I see lots of people pairing the ram I got with the 2500K so if my board doesn't support it, it'll be kinda odd
  5. Best answer
    Xxsjxx said:
    I got the asrock z68 pro3-m motherboard and this ram

G skill ddr3 1600, 1.5 volt, cas lat 9
    F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

Thanks!

Maybe...You won't know until you try. You might check the G skill website and see if they tested that memory in that motherboard..
  6. clarkjd said:
    Maybe...You won't know until you try. You might check the G skill website and see if they tested that memory in that motherboard..

Great idea, g skill tested that mobo
  7. Best answer selected by Xxsjxx.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build G.SKILL RAM ASrock Motherboards DDR3 Systems