Headset without headphones

scotu

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010
I already have a really nice pair of studio headphones, but I'm looking for a microphone for voice chat. Any desk mic I've plugged in always comes off really quiet (even with maximum mic volume and boost). Plus those have other drawbacks (hearing my loud keyboard, etc). (If anyone knows a good solution to this problem, let me know).

But what I guess would be ideal is a headset-style mic, but that can be worn at the same time as over-ear headphones. Does such a thing exist?

How about this :)
72-123-058-01.jpg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16872123058

Yeah, they're not going to block the sound since nothing penetrates the ear. The Hub or the ring that you see where the mic is connected is an angular adjustable thing and the top to the round ring is a rotational adjustment thing. Since there is no speaker in the earpiece it is pretty much movable in any direction and stays on top of the triangular piece of flesh we all have blocking a straight view of the eardrum :)

And since the headphones you're using come with a very soft earcover or noise cancellation pad , you'll not have the mic causing any problems passing from under it.
Only thing you have to keep in mind while using those 2 together is that you need to be properly shaved or you will have bristles rubbing against the mic support causing a lot of noise in the mic while you talk. Like brushing a stethoscope against a shirt while you have it in the ears.

TRENDING THREADS