I deleted a user account, but it said that it's files
weren't going to be deleted, and they were! Is there any
way of retrieving my documents?

Paola wrote:
> I deleted a user account, but it said that it's files
> weren't going to be deleted, and they were! Is there any
> way of retrieving my documents?

Are you sure they were deleted or are they just hidden or inaccessible?

Make sure you are logged on with administrator privileges.
Open Windows Explorer and select Tools/Folder Options/View Tab, from the
toolbar. Look through the optuions there.

Place a check mark in these 2 options:
Display the contents of system folders.
Show hidden files and folders.

Remove the check mark from these 2 options:
Hide extensions for known file types.
Hide protected operating system files.

Click Apply/OK.

Now, navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>
(Where "<user name>" is the account that you removed.)
to see if the files still exist.

If they are still there, you will need to Take Ownership of the files to
access them. The following article guide you in taking ownership of these
files and folders.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308421
--
Regards,

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User

http://www.dts-l.org
http://www.mvps.org

Before deleting a User Account, a pop-up message appears
asking if you would like to save the User's documents to a
specific location. If you did not select the option to save
the User's documents, they are permanently deleted once you
delete the User's account.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP