Cooler Master Hyper 212+
Corsair Enthusiast 750wtx psu
D-Link Wireless Adapter 556
Evga Geforce GTX 560 ti
i5 2500k CPU
Lite-On 24 speed dvd burner.
WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Hello,
So I recently built my first computer.I think I did a good job but I am unsure as I have been getting the BSOD frequently and it seems that the computer has difficulty reading my HDD upon start up. It somewhat frequently tells me there is no HDD conected. Today, the BSoD occurred and Steam was corrupted(may or may not be related) When I look at BIOS my CPU temp is at about 25C but when I use CPUID its at 60C. Is 60 degrees celcius normal for idle? Could it be causing my HDD/crash issues? Thanks!

Solution
When you built your system did your remember to install the latest chipset drivers from the ASUS website? I also agree with anort3 try a different SATA port on your board.

dercdell1

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
So can anyone recommend a different program or combination of programs that would work better? If I switch the HDD to a different Marvel SATA port then it may work? If not then RMA the HDD? Is it possible that I put too much AS5 on? Should I reapply it? I heard somewhere that AS5 isn't that great because it takes a long time to settle(I forget the specific word used). How is the thermal paste that comes with the CM Hyper 212+? Thanks again all!

rage33

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
When you built your system did your remember to install the latest chipset drivers from the ASUS website? I also agree with anort3 try a different SATA port on your board.

Solution