Motherboard BIOS will not react to keyboard on start up

dav3234

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
I recently built a computer, and as I boot it up, I come to the Bios start up screen. and it has all of the key functions at the bottom. My problem occurs when I try to press one of those buttons. But rather than doing that action and bringing my to the correct screen, it doesn't react at all. here's my specs

MoBo: GA-990FXA-UD3
keyboard: Roccat Isku

if you need any other information just ask. :)

I had the exact same issue with USB keyboard on a Gigabyte board ones and it had to do with USB not being enabled in BIOS on startup. I had to dig out an old PS2 keyboard I had in storage but it might be that if you try another USB connector it might work.

dav3234

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012

I've tried plugging the keyboard into all of the ports in the back panel, and all the ones in the front. I did also try using a different PS/2 keyboard and it still didn't work. :/

one issue with new mb is if you turn on quick boot or fast boot. if you dont set the delay time right the mb wont see any key hits to go into the bios. I would try and clear the cmos first so it gives you a chance to set the bios up. if clearing does not work see if there software to click into windows that goes into the bios at reboot or can change bios settings from windows.

dav3234

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012

The Bios has kept me from doing anything to my computer, so I havent' been able to install anything including an OS. And it's not that I can't get into the Bios, I can't get past the main screen. My computer was built from scratch.

dav3234

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
Yes, the keyboard I'm using is not wireless, and my Video card is put in the onboard port. and still the exact same thing. I'm haven't even gotten to the settings screen yet I'm at the logo screen.

does the pc boot past the screen and then into a black screen with a message no os found select boot device?? if it does do your keep board work there where you can do a control alt del and reboot?? if not then there a cablke or a drive that not on the right port or the i\o shield is shorting the mb. at first post you should be able to post past the logo screen then the pc will stop.

dav3234

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
I've figured out the problem XD. I was too stupid and plugged in the SATA chords in the wrong order. >.> thanks for all of your help though, much appriciated!