Bluetooth & windows Xp

How to enable bluetooth defices with xp ?
I can't find anything like that in the control panel.

Any help ?

Fil - Italy
6 answers Last reply
More about bluetooth windows

    You have to install the software that comes with your device. This will add
    a Bluetooth icon to your desktop and a Bluetooth icon on the System Tray.
    That's where you control your Bluetooth functionality.

    If the device is supported directly by Windows XP SP2 then you'll have a
    Bluetooth icon in the Control Panel, and can show/hide the Bluetooth icon in
    the System Tray.

    http://www.geekzone.co.nz
    http://www.geekmac.com

    "Mauricio Freitas" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > You have to install the software that comes with your device. This will
    > add a Bluetooth icon to your desktop and a Bluetooth icon on the System
    > Tray. That's where you control your Bluetooth functionality.
    >
    > If the device is supported directly by Windows XP SP2 then you'll have a
    > Bluetooth icon in the Control Panel, and can show/hide the Bluetooth icon
    > in the System Tray.

    Dear Mauricio,

    I've read that Win Xp Sp2, when installed, has a native
    code for bluetooth device control. And I also have read
    on Microsoft Italia website, that installing sp2 will install also
    an icon in the control panel that allow anyone to add
    or manage bluetooth devices.

    Well, Xp Sp2 has been correctly installed on my pc
    but I can't see any BT icon in the control panel.

    My BT device (Motorola V600) has an installation disk
    but it can't recognize any bluetooth device.

    Best regards,
    Filippo Ronco
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Filippo Ronco wrote:

    > "Mauricio Freitas" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> ha scritto nel
    > messaggio news:42350ac2$1@clear.net.nz...
    >> You have to install the software that comes with your device. This will
    >> add a Bluetooth icon to your desktop and a Bluetooth icon on the System
    >> Tray. That's where you control your Bluetooth functionality.
    >>
    >> If the device is supported directly by Windows XP SP2 then you'll have a
    >> Bluetooth icon in the Control Panel, and can show/hide the Bluetooth icon
    >> in the System Tray.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Mauricio Freitas, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices
    >
    > Dear Mauricio,
    >
    > I've read that Win Xp Sp2, when installed, has a native
    > code for bluetooth device control. And I also have read
    > on Microsoft Italia website, that installing sp2 will install also
    > an icon in the control panel that allow anyone to add
    > or manage bluetooth devices.
    >
    > Well, Xp Sp2 has been correctly installed on my pc
    > but I can't see any BT icon in the control panel.
    >
    > My BT device (Motorola V600) has an installation disk
    > but it can't recognize any bluetooth device.

    A Motorola V600 is a phone, it is not a "bluetooth device" in the sense of
    this discussion. To connect it to your computer using Bluetooth you need
    to have a piece of hardware inside or attached to your computer that
    provides the Bluetooth radio transmitter and receiver. If you have one of
    those devices, _and_ if it is one that is supported by the Microsoft
    driver, then XP SP2 will in theory work as you say, but usually you have to
    run the software provided with that device.

    --
    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate

    "J. Clarke" <jclarke.usenet@snet.net.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio

    > A Motorola V600 is a phone, it is not a "bluetooth device" in the sense of
    > this discussion. To connect it to your computer using Bluetooth you need
    > to have a piece of hardware inside or attached to your computer that
    > provides the Bluetooth radio transmitter and receiver. If you have one of
    > those devices, _and_ if it is one that is supported by the Microsoft
    > driver, then XP SP2 will in theory work as you say, but usually you have
    > run the software provided with that device.

    Ok J., thanks a lot.
    But I think that my acer has the "device" inside.
    Infact, when I've bought it, on the cover of the
    pc you could read : "wireless and bluetooth integrated"

    Bye.

    Fil
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Filippo Ronco wrote:

    > "J. Clarke" <jclarke.usenet@snet.net.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >
    >> A Motorola V600 is a phone, it is not a "bluetooth device" in the sense
    >> of
    >> this discussion. To connect it to your computer using Bluetooth you need
    >> to have a piece of hardware inside or attached to your computer that
    >> provides the Bluetooth radio transmitter and receiver. If you have one
    >> of those devices, _and_ if it is one that is supported by the Microsoft
    >> driver, then XP SP2 will in theory work as you say, but usually you have
    >> run the software provided with that device.
    >
    > Ok J., thanks a lot.
    > But I think that my acer has the "device" inside.
    > Infact, when I've bought it, on the cover of the
    > pc you could read : "wireless and bluetooth integrated"

    Then you probably need the driver that is specific to whatever Bluetooth
    chip Acer is using.

    --
    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate
    (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    > Then you probably need the driver that is specific to whatever Bluetooth
    > chip Acer is using.
    >
    >> Bye.

    ....and where can I find it ?

    Thanks a lot.