Bluetooth & windows Xp

Last response: in Technologies
March 13, 2005 7:22:47 PM

How to enable bluetooth defices with xp ?
I can't find anything like that in the control panel.

Any help ?

Fil - Italy

More about : bluetooth windows

Anonymous
March 14, 2005 10:51:54 AM

You have to install the software that comes with your device. This will add
a Bluetooth icon to your desktop and a Bluetooth icon on the System Tray.
That's where you control your Bluetooth functionality.

If the device is supported directly by Windows XP SP2 then you'll have a
Bluetooth icon in the Control Panel, and can show/hide the Bluetooth icon in
the System Tray.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz
http://www.geekmac.com
"Filippo Ronco" <filipporonco@libero.it> wrote in message
> How to enable bluetooth defices with xp ?
> I can't find anything like that in the control panel.
>
> Any help ?
>

> Fil - Italy

Anonymous
March 14, 2005 1:11:45 PM

"Mauricio Freitas" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio
> You have to install the software that comes with your device. This will
> add a Bluetooth icon to your desktop and a Bluetooth icon on the System
> Tray. That's where you control your Bluetooth functionality.
>
> If the device is supported directly by Windows XP SP2 then you'll have a
> Bluetooth icon in the Control Panel, and can show/hide the Bluetooth icon
> in the System Tray.

Dear Mauricio,

I've read that Win Xp Sp2, when installed, has a native
code for bluetooth device control. And I also have read
on Microsoft Italia website, that installing sp2 will install also
an icon in the control panel that allow anyone to add
or manage bluetooth devices.

Well, Xp Sp2 has been correctly installed on my pc
but I can't see any BT icon in the control panel.

My BT device (Motorola V600) has an installation disk
but it can't recognize any bluetooth device.

Best regards,
Filippo Ronco
March 14, 2005 1:11:46 PM

Filippo Ronco wrote:

> "Mauricio Freitas" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> ha scritto nel
> messaggio news:42350ac2$1@clear.net.nz...
>> You have to install the software that comes with your device. This will
>> add a Bluetooth icon to your desktop and a Bluetooth icon on the System
>> Tray. That's where you control your Bluetooth functionality.
>>
>> If the device is supported directly by Windows XP SP2 then you'll have a
>> Bluetooth icon in the Control Panel, and can show/hide the Bluetooth icon
>> in the System Tray.
>>

>> --
>> Mauricio Freitas, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices
>
> Dear Mauricio,
>
> I've read that Win Xp Sp2, when installed, has a native
> code for bluetooth device control. And I also have read
> on Microsoft Italia website, that installing sp2 will install also
> an icon in the control panel that allow anyone to add
> or manage bluetooth devices.
>
> Well, Xp Sp2 has been correctly installed on my pc
> but I can't see any BT icon in the control panel.
>
> My BT device (Motorola V600) has an installation disk
> but it can't recognize any bluetooth device.

A Motorola V600 is a phone, it is not a "bluetooth device" in the sense of
this discussion. To connect it to your computer using Bluetooth you need
to have a piece of hardware inside or attached to your computer that
provides the Bluetooth radio transmitter and receiver. If you have one of
those devices, _and_ if it is one that is supported by the Microsoft
driver, then XP SP2 will in theory work as you say, but usually you have to
run the software provided with that device.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

"J. Clarke" <jclarke.usenet@snet.net.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:D 145g51ndl@news4.newsguy.com...

> A Motorola V600 is a phone, it is not a "bluetooth device" in the sense of
> this discussion. To connect it to your computer using Bluetooth you need
> to have a piece of hardware inside or attached to your computer that
> provides the Bluetooth radio transmitter and receiver. If you have one of
> those devices, _and_ if it is one that is supported by the Microsoft
> driver, then XP SP2 will in theory work as you say, but usually you have
> run the software provided with that device.

Ok J., thanks a lot.
But I think that my acer has the "device" inside.
Infact, when I've bought it, on the cover of the
pc you could read : "wireless and bluetooth integrated"

Bye.

Fil
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 7:48:23 PM

Filippo Ronco wrote:

> "J. Clarke" <jclarke.usenet@snet.net.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio
> news:D 145g51ndl@news4.newsguy.com...
>
>> A Motorola V600 is a phone, it is not a "bluetooth device" in the sense
>> of
>> this discussion. To connect it to your computer using Bluetooth you need
>> to have a piece of hardware inside or attached to your computer that
>> provides the Bluetooth radio transmitter and receiver. If you have one
>> of those devices, _and_ if it is one that is supported by the Microsoft
>> driver, then XP SP2 will in theory work as you say, but usually you have
>> run the software provided with that device.
>
> Ok J., thanks a lot.
> But I think that my acer has the "device" inside.
> Infact, when I've bought it, on the cover of the
> pc you could read : "wireless and bluetooth integrated"

Then you probably need the driver that is specific to whatever Bluetooth
chip Acer is using.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 2:28:20 PM

"J. Clarke" <jclarke.usenet@snet.net.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:D 151ks01jg5@news4.newsguy.com...

> Then you probably need the driver that is specific to whatever Bluetooth
> chip Acer is using.
>
>> Bye.

....and where can I find it ?

Thanks a lot.